Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week? >

Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week?

I thought this was kind of funny. The other night I finished Greg Miller's book 'Bowhunting Forests and Big Woods'. He ends the book talking about how baiting has ruined big woods hunting in Wisconsin and how he and his son won't hunt there anymore.

Then, the same exact night, I watch his show In Pursuit and he's hunting next to a bale of alfalfa (the only bale left in the field and it appears to have been spread out). Looks a lot like baiting to me. I can understand if it was from normal farming - but the fact that it was the lone bale in the entire area seems questionable.

Just wondering if anyone else saw that and what you thought.

edit - it might have been his son hunting, for the life of me i can't remember who was hunting at the time???
Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week?

Hypocrit(SP?)
Old 08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i havent seen that one, but if it was the only bale out there infront of them thats most likely baiting...
Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

I believe I caught the end of the episode you are referring to- it was Greg's son- not Greg, hunting over the de-banded bale of alfalfa.

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Was he bear or deer hunting?

[8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

I thought this was kind of funny. The other night I finished Greg Miller's book 'Bowhunting Forests and Big Woods'. He ends the book talking about how baiting has ruined big woods hunting in Wisconsin and how he and his son won't hunt there anymore.

Then, the same exact night, I watch his show In Pursuit and he's hunting next to a bale of alfalfa (the only bale left in the field and it appears to have been spread out). Looks a lot like baiting to me. I can understand if it was from normal farming - but the fact that it was the lone bale in the entire area seems questionable.

edit - it might have been his son hunting, for the life of me i can't remember who was hunting at the time???
Hay bales do occasionally break when farmers are in the process of loading them which is probably the reason it was out there.

Besides...deer would be more attracted to the alfalfa GROWING in the field than a pile of dead stuff.

I think you are proabably making something out of nothing.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

Hay bales do occasionally break when farmers are in the process of loading them which is probably the reason it was out there.

Besides...deer would be more attracted to the alfalfa GROWING in the field than a pile of dead stuff.

I think you are proabably making something out of nothing.
Well said, I tend to agree with this. Bales break, simple as that. And if he was baiting...is that the end of the world. If he is a in a different part of the country, where baiting has not changed things so much, I'm guessing he would have a different opinion that the one on WI.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Greg Miller is one of the best pro deer hunters out there. Hes been bowhunting for like 42 years now. I've met him twice and he's a super cool, humble, down to earth dude. I stand by the guy no matter what he dows. If i remember right it was his son hunting out of a pile ofalfalfa bales in that episode.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

He plainly stated that the farmer had left that one bale there. He also said that to some people it may look like baiting but very few deer were actualy coming to that bail. The buck his son shot didnt even look at that bail it just walked past it. I wouldnt consider that baiting by any means. Its not like he went out there dumping corn on the ground. If that is considered baiting hunting of a food plot must be to.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

What does it really matter anyway!???

Quick Reply: Was Greg Miller baiting in 'In Pursuit' last week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.