Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why the need for new bows? >

Why the need for new bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why the need for new bows?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Why the need for new bows?

If you have killed deer with a bow why do people seem to want a new bow? Im pretty sure all bows will shoot groups now days, How long will your current bow last you? I didnt see much difference in $300 bows to $700 bows. I mean is it just for that extra FPS?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why the need for new bows?

Some people trade in perfectly good cars every 2 years also. I'm not one of them.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a new bow last year and it will probably last me two or three years. I upgrade because I enjoy seeing and using the new technology that these bow companiesare coming out with. To me its not the fact that INEED a new bow, but because IWANT one every few years. I do not care about the FPS because most bows nowadays are plenty fast to kill a deer.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 PM

I did the every year bow thing for about 4 or 5 years during the 90s. It seemed like every year the advancements were exponential. The technology has slowed considerably in the past few years. When I went from a sonic to bear to mathews it was night and day each time. Now it's more like mid day to afternoon. Just not enough.

I hear ya on the cool factors and new tech though. I do like it. Just not enough to part with $1k when my bow put one in the freezer again last year

Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some I think do it to keep up with the Joneses.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some of ya's shouldn't try to speak for others. If you don't do it, don't hate on those that do.

Me, when I shot for Hoyt, it was to rep the next years model bows, when I "retired" that time to build my house I kept my last for 5 years, bought a Bowtech cause it was time for a new one, I wanted a new one, I didn't need a new one, I wasn't trying to keep up with the Jone's, I didn't think it was cool. I wanted to, nothing more.

Today, I'm asked to test and report on the new model of Bowtechs that come out each year. I'm fortunate. Again, it's still a not need to, not to keep up with anyone else, I want to do it.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Because I can
Funny I cannot understand why so many drink a new bow every year
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 PM
bigcountry

I kinda have moved out of the compound scene. But there is one advanage of getting a new bow every year. ONly one I can think of anyway. Is if you keep a bow for more than 2 years, its worthless after that. You will be lucky to bring in 250 dollars after that. But if you trade up every year, you can get back 70% of your cost.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, was that remark pointed towards me? I hope not! When I shot league I seen this all the time with a certain few people. No different then cars, one buddy thinks he's got to out do the other one.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not particular Steve,

I just see the, cool factor, keep up with everyone else etc..etc...like it's a bad thing what someone else wants to do with their own money.

You know.

Quick Reply: Why the need for new bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.