Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attn: Veterans **UPDATED** >

Attn: Veterans **UPDATED**

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attn: Veterans **UPDATED**

Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Attn: Veterans

AF Hunter,

I believe your idea for this endeavor is right on. The onlyproblem I see is thatopening the inclusions to police, firefighters, EMT'scould possiblyrestrict the military members access to the facilities. Just an idea, Is to setup a availability priority schedule. Similar tothe way themilitary has their lodging and Space A availabilty. This is to target thethe groups you are specifially designing this operation for.Another idea isthat active military and DAV's can can reserve a cabin 180 days out, and then the other categorys canreserve 90 days out or whatever criteria you wish. Their is a lot of ways to organize your operation. These are merely some inputs.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Idea! I have pondered that situation and came to the same conclusions as you. The other approach I am considering is 12 cabins for military 3 for others. Within a 90 day window if I have cabins open, make them available to the other group.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree i am all for supporting the cops fireman and emts but the men and women coming home and disabled vets should have first draw then let the other draw out of it within some many days of the hunt 90 sounds good to me to.
ORIGINAL: midsouth_hunter

AF Hunter,

I believe your idea for this endeavor is right on. The onlyproblem I see is thatopening the inclusions to police, firefighters, EMT'scould possiblyrestrict the military members access to the facilities. Just an idea, Is to setup a availability priority schedule. Similar tothe way themilitary has their lodging and Space A availabilty. This is to target thethe groups you are specifially designing this operation for.Another idea isthat active military and DAV's can can reserve a cabin 180 days out, and then the other categorys canreserve 90 days out or whatever criteria you wish. Their is a lot of ways to organize your operation. These are merely some inputs.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, First season Spring turkey - Military related personnel only (Active, disabled, reserve...)
First two weeks in November - Hunts w/celebrities for disabled/injured service personnel.
Youth/disabled season - First priority going to disabled veterans with their children.

Once I have the property, I will also be contacting a neighboring farmer to farm the CRP with the charge of being when he harvests the crops, he leaves one combine width of that year's crop down the center of the land in each field (food plot). The rest of the crops will be his to do with as he pleases. I met this farmer, and know he'll jump at that chance.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

good idea it would work great for corn
ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Also, First season Spring turkey - Military related personnel only (Active, disabled, reserve...)
First two weeks in November - Hunts w/celebrities for disabled/injured service personnel.
Youth/disabled season - First priority going to disabled veterans with their children.

Once I have the property, I will also be contacting a neighboring farmer to farm the CRP with the charge of being when he harvests the crops, he leaves one combine width of that year's crop down the center of the land in each field (food plot). The rest of the crops will be his to do with as he pleases. I met this farmer, and know he'll jump at that chance.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Mark,

I think this is a wonderful idea. Troops returning from overseas need to be able to unwind. Make sure that you keep us on the progress. I will come up to help with the building of the site. I do low voltage work and can help Greg out with the high voltage work. How about getting someone like Ted Nugent to support your cause. He may be controversial to some in hunting but he is a big supporter ofthe military.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

Mark,

I think this is a wonderful idea. Troops returning from overseas need to be able to unwind. Make sure that you keep us on the progress. I will come up to help with the building of the site. I do low voltage work and can help Greg out with the high voltage work. How about getting someone like Ted Nugent to support your cause. He may be controversial to some in hunting but he is a big supporter ofthe military.
I sent e-mails to Ted Nugent, Lee & Tiff, and Waddell. Never heard back from any of them. I now have an attorney on board and a CPA. Both are helping me along in getting this going.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

Mark,

I sent e-mails to Ted Nugent, Lee & Tiff, and Waddell. Never heard back from any of them. I now have an attorney on board and a CPA. Both are helping me along in getting this going.
Keep writing them. Once you get something going have a local news crew come out and do a story, with luck it will get picked up and go national.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

I think it is an awsome Idea, I myself are heading back at the end of this year and would love to have a place to take my family after my deployment. Is there fishing lakes or ponds on the property, my kids love to fish. Please keep us all informed.

Quick Reply: Attn: Veterans **UPDATED**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.