Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Fence - Real Life Scenario >

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Sure the winky winky trick
Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, this thing is still going? I thought Jeff made up his mind to let the boy choose for himself. What the hell are the last 5 pages about?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff,
I didn't read all 10 pages of this post & you could probably care less about what I'm going to say. But why would you take your son on a high fence hunt that he may shoot a 150 class deer at when he doesn't really spend much time hunting now. If he wanted to hunt it sounds like he could do plenty of it around your place. No he probably wont get a big buck. But let him pay some dues first and show some interest in the sport.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I had a good friend that took his teenage son on a canned hunt. The kid is now shacked up in San Francisco with a 40 year old Puerto Rican hairdresser named Mr. Rico. They are in the process of adopting an HIV+ Romanian orphan. The kid says that it was the canned hunt that made him decide to switch teams[:-]
I may not agree with lcc too much and I am not saying that this post was perfect, but it is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

But why would you take your son on a high fence hunt that he may shoot a 150 class deer at when he doesn't really spend much time hunting now.
Because he wanted to go????

If he wanted to hunt it sounds like he could do plenty of it around your place.
We've already addressed that. I think he's gonna have to show some interest, here, or it won't be brought up. I don't disagree with you, here.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Jeff. At this stage of the game I should get some background.Is your son aware that YOU aren't a believer in this type of hunt, and why? And if so, then ask him what he thinks about hunting this way, and why he feels the way he does about it.If he doesn't personally have a problem with it,and he wants to go,then take him and have a fun time.
That's the best I can come up with.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

Jeff,
I didn't read all 10 pages of this post & you could probably care less about what I'm going to say. But why would you take your son on a high fence hunt that he may shoot a 150 class deer at when he doesn't really spend much time hunting now. If he wanted to hunt it sounds like he could do plenty of it around your place. No he probably wont get a big buck. But let him pay some dues first and show some interest in the sport.

I 100% agree with this. Pretty much what I said as well in my post. Really what is he going to learn in a fenced hunt? He can learn a hell of allot more at home hunting in the woods with GMMAT then with GMMAT at a deer farm!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No, it isn't about you, but it is about an oppertunity YOU'REpresenting to your son.
EI...

What if I got him an invite to have dinner with Senator Obama? Should I let my personal views of the man interfere with something my son may enjoy or gain from ("gain" being a VERY broad word)?

Neither is illegal.
Letting your son have dinner with Obama is WAY worse than taking him on a high fence hunt, I mean WAYWAY worse.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Does he only want to go because he has a chance at shooting a big buck?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok Jeff. At this stage of the game I should get some background.Is your son aware that YOU aren't a believer in this type of hunt, and why?
Probably not to the extent you guys are.

And if so, then ask him what he thinks about hunting this way, and why he feels the way he does about it.
I stated he probably doesn't know.....but the rest of your point sounds exactly like what I have planned.

If he doesn't personally have a problem with it,and he wants to go,then take him and have a fun time.
That's the plan. And if he asks....I'll tell him truthfully how I feel.....as unbiased as I can. This isn't like car-jacking or stealing stands. PLENTY of people have no issues with this type endeavor....AND they're paying money to do it. We're not paying....OR...he'd hear THAT side of it, too (actually....it wouldn't be brought up if it wasn't so reasonable, fiscally).

Looks like you've changed your mind on how to approach this, EI.

Quick Reply: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.