Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you see more deer in the AM or PM. >

Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

MD does not allow hunting Sundays which to me is abssurd.
Pa doesn't have Sunday deer hunting either. Isn't it intresting that all of the states that don't have Sunday hunting are allon the east coast?[:'(][:'(][>:]
Old 08-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Pa doesn't have Sunday deer hunting either. Isn't it intresting that all of the states that don't have Sunday hunting are allon the east coast?[:'(][:'(][>:]
That's because it's an ancient, left over colonial "Blue Law" from way way way back then. Virginia doesn't have Sunday hunting either. It's such a stupid law, if you ask me... [:@][:'(] But then, I am probably going to head out of state this season (where there IS Sunday hunting) and hunt there instead!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Am I nuts here or what....how can anybody vote for shoot w/o seeing? You have to go with see and shoot, right?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked PM/Shoot.

But it's probably an even ratio if I calculated the amount of hours in each stand wether it's AM or PM.
Meaning - I don't hunt as much in the AM cuz I don't like to walk into my "far distant" stands for a 1/2 hour and take an eye out or spook deer along the way.
So I try to get a few AM stands specifically for a 10 minute walk down a clearer path and that's only if I can get my lazy arse up!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Am I nuts here or what....how can anybody vote for shoot w/o seeing? You have to go with see and shoot, right?
I didn't see that selection ....
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Bartender

What about mid day?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Strutntom:

That's the best post I've read on this topic.

Like someone else stated, I think that most hunters don't see as many deer in the mornings because their set up isn't a morning set up. They use the same tatics as they do for an evening stand and the two simply aren't the same.

I used the be the same way until I stumbledupon the correct morning set up. Now I rather hunt in the mornings than evenings anyday, for two reasons.

1) Itend to see more deer.
2) Ifyou do shoot a deeryou have ALL day to worry about tracking it. I hate tracking adeer at night.

The only "down" sideI've seen about morning hunting is that its some times hard to stop the deer for a shot because theyhave one thing on their mind and thats getting back to their beds.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I realized the same exact thing myself!! All on the east coast...what's up with that? Someone should have some insight on this?? Maybe save for another thread!?!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I voted for PM shoot/see! I have killed many more deer on evening hunts than I have in the morning. And for me,the morning and evening hunts are pretty close to the same number, meaning I don't overwhelmingly hunt the evenings.

If I could change one thing about my approach to hunting, it would be to get into my stand at least one half hour before daybreak. Because right now, I don't always do that. I clearly know the advantages of doing that, but I still fail a lot of times to do it! Case in point: One morning about two years ago, I did happen to start walking to the stand earlier than normal. It was dark!! Just as soon as I reached the platform of my stand and reached for the rope to pull my bow up, I heard what sounded like a couple of deer walking in the leaves just below me! I couldn't believe it........I had just climbed the tree and reached the platform, and they were walking in to me, totally unaware and unspooked at what I might be! I picked up my binoc's and looked just below my tree and there were two younger bucks just feeding on acorns. It was still dark enough that I could barely even make out their bodies without the binoc's and they were just below me. I just really couldn't believe that they didn't spook as I meandered through the forest stepping on leaves and twigs. I guess they couldn't make me out, so they just didn't get spooked! I learned a lot that morning!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM

Wasn't sure how to vote on this. I see and probably shoot more deer in the afternoon, but nearly all of the bucks are in the morning. Maybe I need to change tactics for one or the other.

Quick Reply: Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.