HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   practice question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/256066-practice-question.html)

bigtim6656 08-04-2008 07:04 PM

practice question

I will be starting muzzleloader hunting this year. i have never even loaded one.
So i plan to shoot alot.
But i missed twice last year on deer one a 9 point buck. so i will be shooting my bow alot as well.

Well it hurt me if i go to the rifle range shoot the muzzleloader 10 or 20 times then come home and shot my bow for some time.
Is it to much in one day or no problem.
I want to shoot my bow atleast three or four times a week i want to shoot about 50 times or so each day.

Should i shoot bow one day and ml another or not worry about it.

GR8atta2d 08-04-2008 07:08 PM

RE: practice question

No it's no problem. The kick of the Muzzle-loader may surprise you but it's not a lasting pain if you hold it properly. I would also suggest swabbing the barrel every 2nd or 3rd shot.

davidmil 08-04-2008 07:22 PM

Not a problem at all. In fact, squeezing the trigger may slow you down and stop you from punching that release. LOL. If you plan to shoot the muzzleloader a lot make sure you stock up on cleaning supplies. Depending on you load, but no matter what the load, those things need to be clean.... A LOT. 3 or 5 shots later you'll notice it's harder to shove the load home and all that. They are tempermental and need a real good cleaning immediately after shooting. If you plan to shoot a lot in one sitting take your cleaning gear to the range for in practice cleaning.

Hurricanespg 08-04-2008 09:05 PM

You should not have any problems doing what you described. If you are going to worry about it a lot though, just shoot a .22 they have practically no recoil and they are a lot cheaper to shoot.
Either way you should not have any problems.

bigtim6656 08-05-2008 05:58 AM

i was thinking of what to use to hold all my shooting stuff and cleaning stuff.
I am thinking a tackle bag for fishing.just keep my powder or pellets bullet everything i need to shoot with my cleaning stuff.
I am not the type of hunter that shoots his gun and lays it on the hanger at home. I get as much enjoyment cleaning my guns as i do shooting them.
It will get cleaned after every shoot and after every 2 or 3 rounds.

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Not a problem at all. In fact, squeezing the trigger may slow you down and stop you from punching that release. LOL. If you plan to shoot the muzzleloader a lot make sure you stock up on cleaning supplies. Depending on you load, but no matter what the load, those things need to be clean.... A LOT. 3 or 5 shots later you'll notice it's harder to shove the load home and all that. They are tempermental and need a real good cleaning immediately after shooting. If you plan to shoot a lot in one sitting take your cleaning gear to the range for in practice cleaning.