Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer? >

Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

I'm talking about roaming through the woods with a bow and have actually taken a deer?

I hunt in very thick woods, but I'm thinking of trying it this year. I know that most deer are taken off stands or blinds, but I rarely hear about stalking.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

ive shot one doe like this.......i was walking back to the truck and she was in thick cover and i was just kinda moving slowly thru the woods and i looked up and she was right there....it wasnt really a stalk but i still shot her while walking
Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well a family member of mine told of how he did it once. He said he was actually heading back to the truck and just happened to turn around to see a big doe go to bed down on the edge of a cornfield. He said the only way to get to her was through the field (corn was still up). From what he said he kind of looped out around and "flanked" her. I guess he walked through the corn a decent ways and then once he got close he got on his hands and knees and crawled, and when he was close enough he took the shot. He said the hardest part was trying to find a lane to shoot his bow through in the corn andthat the whole thing took him like 2 hours to do, and she was only like 300 yards away when he first spotted her.

I would think that it would be one HELL of a rush.

BTW: I see your avatar is a Reflex logo...what do you shoot? I shoot the Excursion. Not too many guys shoot Reflex.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

Well a family member of mine told of how he did it once. He said he was actually heading back to the truck and just happened to turn around to see a big doe go to bed down on the edge of a cornfield. He said the only way to get to her was through the field (corn was still up). From what he said he kind of looped out around and "flanked" her. I guess he walked through the corn a decent ways and then once he got close he got on his hands and knees and crawled, and when he was close enough he took the shot. He said the hardest part was trying to find a lane to shoot his bow through in the corn andthat the whole thing took him like 2 hours to do, and she was only like 300 yards away when he first spotted her.

I would think that it would be one HELL of a rush.
BTW: I see your avatar is a Reflex logo...what do you shoot? I shoot the Excursion. Not too many guys shoot Reflex.
I shoot the excursion too. Reflex is made by Hoyt, so you get a great bow without the marketing costs.

My plan this year is to try and kill one by stalking it. I think the rush would be great. Plus, I hunt really thick woods, so getting to go see new places will be exciting too.

I just wonder how many guys actually use stalking as a technique. Not just accidentally run across them, but really do it as a method.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes.. I have.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me too.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Yes I have.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Hasn't everyone?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer No....turkey Yes
Old 08-04-2008, 01:40 PM

One doe w/ recurve right after fresh snow two years ago... SO SWEET!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.