HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/256001-has-anyone-successfully-stalked-killed-deer.html)

remington_girl 08-04-2008 05:16 PM

RE: Has anyone successfully stalked & killed a deer?

Its the only way its done here, minus the bow.

Stalking is more interesting :)

RuttNutt 08-04-2008 05:32 PM

I got a big doe at 20yds by stalkin her. I could have shot five or so this way last year alone. The land I hunt has cut single track trails so it's real easy to walk up on them if you move slow. I love to stalk em'......

virginiashadow 08-04-2008 07:18 PM

My favorite time to stalk is in the middle of October during bad weather. I know I am going to be on stand for long days come late October so putting on some stalks are alot of fun in mid October. I remember putting a great stalk one two doe a few years ago in the middle ofa rain storm. Was awesome.

Huntinman23 08-04-2008 07:22 PM

no i have gotten close several times though plan to do it this year learn from a mistake every year same place every year lol
[align=left] [/align]

ranger56528 08-04-2008 08:14 PM

70% of my hunting is still and stalk and I do rather well......Ive stalked to within 7yrds but to close to shoot due to the heavy underbrush....The closest kill Ive had was around 14yrds stalking.

RackLuster 08-04-2008 08:30 PM

i shot one doe while walking through the woods. I was on my way to my stand and kicked up 4 deer. one was the REALLY nice 10 point that we were after, he ended up walking by my buddy and he shot over his back. one of the deer was a doe and she walked right by me at 25 yards. even though i kicked them up, she must not have known where i was. so i didn't so much stalk it, it came to me.

usmc1978 08-04-2008 08:30 PM

Not witha bow, but I came 18' out of a tree in my climber and stalked 25 yds. up on a button buck (on my hands and knees) that was 30 yds. away behind a tree. I had advantages...wind was up, which I used to cover noise, and I was using a revolver, which stayed in the holster until the time arrived. Kept 'his' tree between us the whole time.

AK in PA 08-04-2008 09:09 PM

Ahh, stillhunting and stalking is my favorite way to hunt wary eastern whitetails. :D Probably have taken a dozen with a bow by stillhunting or stalking.

bigcountryok 08-04-2008 09:11 PM

I ussually stalk into my stands in the after noon and have shot a couple of deer that way.

Budriser 08-04-2008 09:38 PM

Of course. " Spot-n-Stalk" Out west thats one of the best ways to be successfull. It can be challenging butit is a blast.