Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them? >

Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them?

Did I ever say anything about "asking" people---establish bag limits for bucks and does....pretty simple huh? And I really don't understand your sarcasm and what you are attempting to accomplish.
All I am trying to show is that AR's are a VALID management tool. There are other ways to limit the buck harvests, but when it boils down to it, AR's were the "lesser" of the evils.

So since PA is already a one buck state, we either go to a draw system to reduce the buck harvest...yea right, tell bubba he can't shoot ANY buck this year. OR we introduce AR's.

Plus I don't understand how you feel a bag limit change is any different from a size limit change?
Do you fish? Are you angry that the state has a minimum size limit on fish that you keep?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not read anyhting except the first post in this and can whole heartdly say I am 100% for them. I come from a state where 90% of the people go by the theory that shooting a small buck is better than shooting a doe because it had horns. The natler restrictions would finally allow the small ones safety and the ability to grow up a little bit at least. It would not hurt my feelings one bit. Even they could issue a one any size tag and the others as 8 point or better tags. That is just my honest opinion. I wouldnt be mad if it was earn a buck round here, least I wouldnt be til a buck walked in on openin day.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Twenty five pages and not one of you mentioned education, teach people to use their heads ,you do not have to kill to have hunted. This is not an easy fix,we all have different problems with the same game.Some have to many , some have to few.

Habitat is the key ,if you don't own land you need to. Your kids will love you for it.Only you can preserve your hunting ground.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Twenty five pages and not one of you mentioned education, teach people to use their heads ,you do not have to kill to have hunted. This is not an easy fix,we all have different problems with the same game.Some have to many , some have to few.
Jim although I agree, the masses will never be educated. Just look at the diversity. People are too thick headed to want to learn. They would rather argue opinion, not facts.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Habitat is the key ,if you don't own land you need to. Your kids will love you for it.Only you can preserve your hunting ground.
I could not agree more, but as for education, I would have a better time teaching Paris Hilton C# than most of the hunters in MI Besides Jim they already know every thing
Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your right Rob I was just trying to instill some thought into this thread.

Genetically I'm equal to an infant but realisticly I can hunt ,kill, process & eat those of them whom can't.