Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hidden Enough?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hidden Enough?

Wow you must be bored. But yeah it looks good. Hav fun moving around.....hope a deer doesn't come in undetected BECAUSE YOUR BUSTED!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have read and re-read your post a thousand times stabnslab_WI and i have no idea what you are saying. Can you maybe re word that for me?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

When do you hunt b/c come fall all those leaves will be gone. It will work....... just be ready and don't move when deer are close. Your gonna have to be sly but I think it would work well for me.
I have open area stands and stands in thick pines that are blackness behind me. All work.

And stabnslab_wi.........you must be bored b/c your post confuses me[&:]. You just put your hopes in another hunter maybe 1000's of miles away in NOT seeing a deer. You must think he is going to shoot your deer[X(]
Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Nice setup! Between 2 trees and has a third in the middle. Most areas that is about as good as you can do.

FWIW, this setup could possibly be better if you hunt from the backside of one of those two large trees
and angle the stand where you can stand and shoot through the middle.

Of course this all depends on where you expect the deer to come from.[8D]

Great idea...... I did this for bear and worked well. Just remember you limit the shot angles that way.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd be happy there...You're up high enough.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

From my expereicnce, the question should be what do you think. IMO if you have confidence in your setup you'll pay attention to your movement and be more alert. If you're not confident in it you fidget more and are more likely too get busted. So if you like it, go for it. If not, move.

Personaly, I like your setup.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I have read and re-read your post a thousand times stabnslab_WI and i have no idea what you are saying. Can you maybe re word that for me?
Its called DRY HUMOR!! Im saying you have no cover what so ever. If a deer comes and you don't see it. Allllll Immmm sAAAying is have fun trying to move around without the deer seeing you. If you still don't understand what I wrote then im helpless to you.............Or was it when I said you must be bored, all I ment was you must have a lot of time on your hands to climb a tree and take a pic from a deer eyes view, Hence "who you must be bored"
Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sandilands

And stabnslab_wi.........you must be bored b/c your post confuses me[&:]. You just put your hopes in another hunter maybe 1000's of miles away in NOT seeing a deer. You must think he is going to shoot your deer[X(]
What the......I don't understand how my post didn't make sense. Now I don't understand what you wrote. You just put your hopes in another hunter maybe 1000's of miles away in not seeing a deer. So your saying I hope he doesn't see a deer. When did I post that? You must think he is going to shoot your deer. Ummm yeah I really think he is going to shoot my deer 1000's miles away as you put it............Just curious did you guys finish school?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must be bored, because it's almost 12:30 and I'm still on the computer. I would go up a little higher. It looks like there is a little better cover about 5 or 6 feet higher. How high are you in the picture?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, stabnslab you nailed it. I climbed a tree and then down and took my own picture. Why not, sounds possible to me. It's not that hard to do when you hang a stand and your buddy has a camera in his pack. Being a graphic artist it took me literally less than a minute to upload and convert it to grayscale. Why does every post that someone creates have to have some ___hole like you show up. It never fails, you could start a thread about a relative that past away and someone like you will drop some smart ass comment and try to start something. Every thread has one and you are ours, CONGRATS!

Quick Reply: Hidden Enough?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.