Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody watch Keith Warren, today?  "No mans Land"/ "Void" >

Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

Old 08-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

It happened to me 5 years ago. My 2nd year bowhunting. 8 pointer 18" wide and it would have been my first deer with a bow. I hit him in the "void". Trailed for over 1/4 mile, mostly small droplets, but some nice sized puddles of blood where he stood for a while. The arrow passed through.

I got a pic of the buck checking a scrape 2 months later and could see the spot where I hit him. Other than that he seemed to be healthy.
The next summer I saw him with several other bucks in a field and he was good as new.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 24/7 hunter

It happened to me 5 years ago. My 2nd year bowhunting. 8 pointer 18" wide and it would have been my first deer with a bow. I hit him in the "void". Trailed for over 1/4 mile, mostly small droplets, but some nice sized puddles of blood where he stood for a while. The arrow passed through.

I got a pic of the buck checking a scrape 2 months later and could see the spot where I hit him. Other than that he seemed to be healthy.
The next summer I saw him with several other bucks in a field and he was good as new.
Do yourself a favor and read the entire thread. ON page 4, buckmastr gives scientific evidence THERE IS NO VOID!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:34 PM

I don't know if there is or not, but I will do all I can to AAAAVOID the "VOID"! Man you know it's getting close and people are antsy when Rob and Jeff go at it!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hit that spot once. I shot a buck at twenty yards and blew through both shoulders (Muzzy). When I hit that bone it was the loudest crack in the world andI thought I killed that deer. I went home and got my dadandcalled my uncle and told them I needed help dragging this deer out of thewoods. I was sure he was dead.Picked my arrow out of the ground and startedon the blood. Got about fifty yards and I see eyes looking at me. The deer wasn't dead, so I backed out and told them I would gethim in the morning. Thought hewould die over night. In the morning I head towards the spotand I see that he is still alive. Sonow I know I have a problem. I get my bow and walk withinforty yards and he gets up and one shoulder is busted up pretty bad. He runs fifty yards and beds back down. Now I don't know what to do besides try to sneak in downwind of him and stick him with another arrow. (This buck would have been my biggest bow kill and now I getting sick to my stomach). Iget the right wind later that night and go in for the kill. Only problem is, he's not were he wasbedded down. I start walking towards the area and the buck jumps up ten yards away and starts jumping fallen down trees. I was amazed and sick at thesame time. The only thing I can think of is I missed aboveall vitals and blew through the opposite shoulder. Oh I never seenthat buck again.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Now that is strange.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Need I type it one more time.
Dude....Like I said....I don't care if you write it 1,000 times on the blackboard.....lol. Just telling you what I saw. No hard feelings.

But....between us....I'm the only one that's seen the video clip WE are arguing about.

No biggie, though.....really
Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM

I saw the shot and definetly didn't think that it wasthat great of a shot but I wasn't really paying alot of attention. Anytime Keith Warren is on I kinda laugh, wonder what fence he is behind and how he is going to try to portray the cage to his audience.

As far as the "void" goes, Rob is dead on, there is no such thing, clean out enough deer and you will find that out. With that said, and as Rob said, its possible to hit a deer in the lungs without it killing the deer. Blade sharpness on the broadheads has something to do with that, along with the animals movement. It is amazing how much blade sharpness will change the outcome of a hunt. I remember back when my bestfriend and I were just starting out archery hunting. First day, a nice frosty morning and I am watching as my buddy draws his bow back on a big 9 point at around 18 yards. He put his arrow right at what I thought was top lungs. He was using some of the cheap Wal-Mart serrated broadheads and the blood trail was minimal. We never found that deer, but my neighbor shot it later that year in rifle season. The arrow was stuck in the opposite ribcage and skimmed right below the spine and didn't tear up the lungs too bad. The broadheads weren't very sharp and seemed to push the flesh out of the way more than cutting it.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

There is no void. If the arrow went beneath the spine it hit one or both lungs. The CT pictures depict the anatomy pretty well.

If you put an arrow through both shoulder blades you didn't hit the void, you missed the chest. About 2/3 of the shoulder blade overlies the lower cervical vertbrae and dorsal spinous processes. Check the anatomypicture and see where the shoulder blade actually lies in a standing deer. Not much under them but bone and muscle.

Like Rob has said ad nauseum, there is no void. You can hit a deer in the chest and not kill the deer. You can't hit a deer in the chest and miss the lungs.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Like Rob has said ad nauseum, there is no void. You can hit a deer in the chest and not kill the deer. You can't hit a deer in the chest and miss the lungs.
If you put an arrow through both shoulder blades you didn't hit the void, you missed the chest.
Honest question, Mez....

What do you call the area that's below the spine (which is part of the area you describe in the second quote)......but NOT in the vitals area? You don't refer to it with a name.....only saying that this ISN'T the "void".

So....what woud you call it?

The "argument" part of this thread is MY fault in the way I worded the first post. The terms were from ME....not the show. I didn't know what else to call where I saw the deer get hit and not die.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Need I type it one more time.

But....between us....I'm the only one that's seen the video clip WE are arguing about.

That's just it Jeff, I don't NEED to see it. Again, I can watch that deer get shot time and time again and still know there is no void.

I recall you typing that "she smoked it". If she's that high, she didn't "smoke it". My whole premise in this thread is to debunk the "void, hollow, no man's land" myth.

(everyone) How can anyone argue with the cat scan that is provided above?

Quick Reply: Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.