HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Sort of frusterated with Buckmaster Hunting Vids (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255772-sort-frusterated-buckmaster-hunting-vids.html)

MichiganWhitetails74 08-02-2008 10:40 PM

Sort of frusterated with Buckmaster Hunting Vids

I dove straight into the buckmaster thing this year. I dropped some cash and I got alot of free stuff...thats cool...And I do like the magazine....but the DVD thing has me mad. They send me a DVD every month and then send me a bill for 25 dollars....the DVD's are ok....but I feel like I have been sucked in...even though I can return the DVD and not pay for it...I feel like I'm only needed because they want my 25 bucks every month....

I may dive out of the buckmasters thing.....I just don't like the fact that they just send me bills....I have enough bills....your thoughts????

buckmaster 08-02-2008 10:43 PM

RE: Sort of frusterated with Buckmaster Hunting Vids

I'd pull out of that, sounds like your average club membership.

Tell you what, Join my buckmaster club, it is my name you know.... Send me $25 per month and Ill buy me some awesome bowhunting gear to test out. It's a win win.:D

MichaelT. 08-02-2008 11:09 PM

Well, apparently you joined some kind of video club, but if you don't want them then call them and get out of it. Sometimes groups send you stuff without joining a club, as what recently happened to my setp-daughter. I told her to call this book club and tell them that she had not joined and didn't want the stuff they senther. I also had her tell them that she was not paying for something she had not asked for and that they should send her a prepaid shipping box if they wanted it back. They told her to just keep the stuff as a complementary gift, they cancelled the bill, and took her off of the " club " membership.

A lot of shady groups do this to people hoping they will just go ahead and pay the bill, even though they never joined the book,magazing or video club.

If you don't want it tell them and stop paying the bills. If you don't keep paying, they will stop sending them.

MET

RobinAim Low 08-03-2008 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I dove straight into the buckmaster thing this year...
Sorry to hear that man. Do a little searching on this forum (maybe)and others (for sure) and you will come up with the conclusion that Buckmasters is nothing but a scheme and ripoff to hunters. They pull all kinds of crap like the dvd thing you mentioned...and believe me, they will not hesitate to break out the collections services on you.

"Diving out" isno easy task, trust me. They are relentless and crooked. It is a dam shame that any outdoorsman gets into them for a single penny.

StrutNtom 08-03-2008 01:50 AM

I don't have anything to do with BuckMasters since I found out that they do indeed hunt canned hunts.

davidmil 08-03-2008 05:39 AM

Ahhhh... the infamous Buckmasters doing their thing again. I went round and round with them for about a year. They kept sending me books and things I never orderedalong with a billand a weekly call from some guy named, "Hi David ole buddy. How'd your hunting season go last year". Then they put a collection agency on me. We went round and round with finally a registered letter from me to editors, Jackie Bushwhacker and Russell the Pompus Thornberry and the collection agency. I then informed them I was on the do not call list and since I had dropped my membership they best not call anymore either. I heard NOTHING from them for about 2 years. Then it started again, "Hi David ole buddy. How'd your hunting season go"? Now I put them on hold while I go to the bathroom or to town to shop. LOL Sometimes I just tell them I'm not their buddy and hang up.

Schultzy 08-03-2008 07:28 AM

Sounds allot like the North American Hunting club. What a scam they are as well!

Steven McBee 08-03-2008 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Sounds allot like the North American Hunting club. What a scam they are as well!
x2

SuperRedHawk 08-03-2008 08:50 AM

LOL, I entered a sweepstakes on the B.M. website once, only to be bombarded with sales pitch phone calls!
One guy gave me the sales pitch and ended with, "OK, what credit card are you gonna put this on today?" .
I laughed and hung up on him!

130woodman 08-03-2008 09:20 AM

They did that to me all the time then I found out by law if they send you anything in the mail you didn't ask for and then send you a bill you do not have to pay for it. Companies just can't send you stuff then send a bill..... The last time NAHC did that to me they threated to send a collection agency after me so I called then and read them the law. I told them If they wanted the movie back to come and get it. Or pay me to pack it back up and send it back.I still have the movie and I don't ever get anymore stuff from them but the magazine.

ORIGINAL: Schultzy