HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Home built paper tune stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255730-home-built-paper-tune-stand.html)

TN Deer Hunter 08-02-2008 03:32 PM

Home built paper tune stand

How many of you guys have built your own paper tuner stand. If so what did you use and how did you build it. I am going to build my own and was wondering what is the best way to do it. i am going to use PVC for the paper frame I believe but the problem I am having problems figuring out is the legs. I am trying to get away from being dependent onthe pro shop. My pop used to have a pro shop so I have the tools and stuff necessary to do everything on my own. I just need to purchase a new press for parralel limbed bows. Just got to catch up on my bow tuning skills.

davidmil 08-02-2008 03:46 PM

RE: Home built paper tune stand

Yup, built one out of PVC pipe, wood dowels, acouple threaded eyes,and a roll of butchers paper. Honestly, how much do you get to use it. I threw it away when I left Maryland. I'm back to taping a sheet of newspaper to and shooting between the rungs of a step ladder. Works just as well. Tells you the story and is cheaply reloaded.:D

TN Deer Hunter 08-02-2008 04:00 PM

I want be using it a whole lot just when ever my bow gets out of tune or I am helping a buddy out. I will be using newspaper paper without the print on it. I get left over rolls from my families newspaper office. I am just unsure on how to do the legs as the square paper frame is not that difficult.

mohunter82 08-02-2008 04:23 PM

if you are using pvc use a t connection at the bottom and runlenths to the front and back. for more stability you could put 90's on the end of those and make a square frame base.

western outdoors 08-02-2008 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

if you are using pvc use a t connection at the bottom and runlenths to the front and back. for more stability you could put 90's on the end of those and make a square frame base.
I made a square frame at the base with pvc. Itworks great. Great paper tuner at a cheap price. If you want I can try and post pictures (or email them) and give a parts breakdown.

TN Deer Hunter 08-02-2008 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

I made a square frame at the base with pvc. Itworks great. Great paper tuner at a cheap price. If you want I can try and post pictures (or email them) and give a parts breakdown.
Thanks, That would be great I believe my email is in my profile if you want to send pics and the list.

PABuck_HNTR 08-02-2008 06:37 PM

I use an old wooden picture frame. tape the paper over it and shoot

Rhody Hunter 08-02-2008 07:14 PM

i use a couple tall sticks that i spring clap to the floor joists in my basementthen i spring clamp paper to that . works well ,cheap , andthe clamps i use else where.
I like thicker paper than news paper it helps me to see the tear better.

valor10 08-02-2008 07:17 PM

I use an old wooden picture frame. tape the paper over it and shoot
Great idea! I too have used the step ladder. Got plenty of picture frames around from the wife [:'(]!

jbowersox 08-02-2008 08:26 PM

I took a piece of framed canvas and cut the canvas out. Then I attached some legs. All I do is tack the paper to the frame.