Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Home built paper tune stand >

Home built paper tune stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home built paper tune stand

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Home built paper tune stand

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Who paper tunes????

Plenty of folks. You can use paper to find arrows with a bad spine, you can use paper to adjust the nock on an arrow to the stiffest spot(spine). You can paper tune if your range is limited to only 15-20yds (no walk-back or group tuning there). Does a person need to paper tune? Absolutely not. But paper tuning can be very useful and effective if you want it to be . The trouble with it, for some,is that it is not as easy to setup and do as group tuning or walk back tuning or bareshaft tuning and so on.
OK, I'll huy that, but I was also somewhat under the understanding that papertuning is only as good as the shooter's CLEAN release as well, which may create more questions than anything for some, myself included.
Any tuning method is only as good as the shooter using it. You can torque, punch, squeeze, etc. during any tuning method. That is why I would suggest using more than one to tune your bow and arrows.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Home built paper tune stand

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

if you are using pvc use a t connection at the bottom and runlenths to the front and back. for more stability you could put 90's on the end of those and make a square frame base.
I made a square frame at the base with pvc. Itworks great. Great paper tuner at a cheap price. If you want I can try and post pictures (or email them) and give a parts breakdown.
Thanks, That would be great I believe my email is in my profile if you want to send pics and the list.
Sent you a pm with parts list. Just need you to send me your email and I'll email you pictures.