HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   If you had to switch bows.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255622-if-you-had-switch-bows.html)

solocamcan 08-01-2008 08:02 PM

If you had to switch bows....

Let's say the company which produces thebow brand you are loyal to goes under, what would your "next" bow you bought? And name the bow you would not even consider as well.

I currently shoot a Mathews
A Hoyt would be next in line
A Bowtech would be my last choice.

demoIL 08-01-2008 08:07 PM

RE: If you had to switch bows....

LOL
I would choose Mathews First then Bowtech... Bottom of the list is there is many but of the big three it would no doubt be Hoyt but of the better known (non big 3) probably Martin..

Why do you ask, are you looking for a new bow?

pa_yote_hunter 08-01-2008 08:09 PM

if Bowtech went down....i think i would go with Mathews.....then hoyt.

Or just switch to traditional archery... ;)

solocamcan 08-01-2008 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: demoIL

LOL
I would choose Mathews First then Bowtech... Bottom of the list is there is many but of the big three it would no doubt be Hoyt but of the better known (non big 3) probably Martin..

Why do you ask, are you looking for a new bow?
No, just curious...I know there are alot of people on here that are "diehards" to the bow they have, so I was just curious to see what they would choose IF they had to.

GMMAT 08-01-2008 08:12 PM

I currently shoot aBowtech and a Bear Montana Longbow
AMathews would be next in line (I owned one and it was a GREAT bow)

rybohunter 08-01-2008 08:16 PM

I shoot a bowtech.

I really don't know what I'd go to next. Elite maybe. Who knows after that

I would not even consider a matthews. Not because I don;t think they are great bows, just not onesI want to shoot.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-01-2008 08:19 PM

I'm not sure what I would end up with but I would not consider a Mathews until they change the grips.

SouthernStrut56 08-01-2008 08:19 PM

I shoot a Parker Hornet and absolutely love it. It's a great bow all around for a great price. If I were to switch I would definitely go with a Mathews DXT. Shot one at the B'ham deer show and was close to falling in love with it. I've shot many other Mathews bows and loved every one of em. Never shot a Hoyt or Bowtech so I'm not sure what they're like. Heard great things about both. I'm pleased with my Hornet for now though.

flyfishpj 08-01-2008 08:20 PM

I would shoot a bowtech next

Dozen Arrows 08-01-2008 08:24 PM

Honestly I do not even want to think about it. Bowtech makes such beautiful bows!