Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you had to switch bows.... >

If you had to switch bows....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had to switch bows....

Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had to switch bows....

If Bowtech/Diamond went down I would go with Elite, then possibly Mathews or PSE then last would be hoyt.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

I am a left handed shooter so I don't get the luxury of shooting other people's bows. With the exception of my first month of shooting when I started with a cheap PSE model, all I have ever shot has been a Mathews. Literally.

Why a Mathews? Because I live in a a small market area and that was all the local shop carried at the time.

If I had to change. I have no idea, whatever I could find I guess.

With that preface, what difference does it really make? Just like Tiger Woods could beat all of us with a set of clubs from Walmart regardless of what we were swinging, isn't it the same with a bow?

I am sure there are some "low ender" exceptions, but for the most part, who cares.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

If Bowtech went under I would likely shoot an Elite, High Country, Kodiak. It would have some version of a binary cam system.

I would not shoot a bow that had any type of cam and a halfsystem regardless of who made it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm not sure what I would end up with but I would not consider a Mathews until they change the grips.
really, thats the reason i shoot a mathews because i love the grip

i would shoot A bowtech next
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

If PSE went under.

It'd be between a Mathews and Hoyt. Leaning towards Mathews, because I REALLY like a single cam for target. I'd say a Drenalin LD along with an Apex 7 would be headed my way. Along with a Shrewd grip for the Mathews. . The Apex grip is nice, or lack of.

If I were going Hoyt. It'd be a Katera XL, and a ProElite w/ XT3000 limbs and I'd try to find Spirals for it. If no Spirals are found, I'd go C2's.

I'd say I'd be leaning towards the Mathews though, because I've become a big fan of single cams, especially for target. Even though I'm hunting with a Hybrid cam bow this year.

Steven I'm not sure why you like the Mathews grip, it's terrible lol.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot Bowtech since there 2nd year in existent so if they were to go under then I guess as bad as I have to say it I would switch over to the dark side and go with Mathews. Did I say that!!!!! But I would have to change there god awful grip. And my very last bottom of the basement not even a choice would be Elite.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

It almost happened to ROSS....lucky me, next in linefor me would have been Elite or PSE XForce, equally.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Typical Buck

Hoyt, (had one before Bowtech)
High Country,
Matthews.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go Hoyt , although my X-force shoots great ... i have always wanted a Hoyt Bow in my armoury , Kayera XL or Vectrix plus .
Old 08-02-2008, 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

Honestly I do not even want to think about it. Bowtech makes such beautiful bows!
Your the type of person I am "curious" to hear your answer, it's all in fun and "what if's" anyway. C'mon you can fess up.
No way dude, uh uh. I am not going to open that dark door. Just leave me be.. [8D]

Quick Reply: If you had to switch bows....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.