Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction? >

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

My fiancé doesn't mind. Very rarely do I have to put up with any kind of complaining about going and doing any kind of hunting (only if I go to the lease 3 weekends in a row). She will occasionally come on a bow or turkey hunt. Heck, she has killed a couple herself
Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

She is hot, and loves bowhunting,
This thread is useless without pics,

(j/k)[8D]
Your right!!! This is my fav. pic of her.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

she can't stand it or understand it... but deals with it... she is used to it w/ her family.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has been putting up with it for 19 years, as long as I do not hunt Thanksgiving or Christmas Morning it is a non-issue
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

My girl has been great about it over the last 10 years. Our first fall, I warned her that I probably wouldn’t see her for the next 6 weeks, unless it was on a Sunday or a really bad rainy day after work. She accepted that, and then what do I go and do but shoot a buck opening morning. I told her it’s not normally like that.
Anyways she understands more about deer & hunting than a lot of actual hunters I know. She’s gone on a blood trail before, and usually helps me process the deer. I never get a serious complaint about any money I spend on hunting or the time I devote. I work hard to balance time for ‘us’ along with time for hunting. She will complain a little when it comes to the TV never leaving the outdoor channel, but otherwise I have it pretty well.
She has no desire to hunt herself, but likes to fish though.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife has known I've been this way since we met. Sure she gets mad at all the money I spend and wants me home more during hunting season, but we work through it. This year she is asking me to pick out 2 weekends where I won't hunt and be around the house with her. Considering I'll start beginning of September and wrap up at the end of January (until spring gobbler that is) I think that is a fair compromise.

When she gets antsy and starts calling me on stand I remind her that the quicker I can fill my tags, the quicker I can get home.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is very understanding during hunting season, but in the off season she expects me to make it up to her. I try real hard during the off season to spend evenings and days off with her and the girls.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

I baught my girlfriend a bow for christmas last year now she`s addicted too.
Romantic? maybe not.Affective? deffinately.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kat supports me 150% She hunts, and Loves everything outdoors including fishing.

She would never ask me to do anything during hunting season she knows and understands thats my time, and she hunts with me when she can. She also holds down the fort when I am away. Some of you guys may have even talked to her on the phone a time or 2

She is quite the Southern Belle!

Dan

Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have a great understanding wife when it comes to my hunting. My wife loves the outdoors but she could never shoot an animal. She does like to fish though. She goes to deer camp with me sometimesbut does not hunt.She eats deer meat and is not against hunting at all.But I think after my 3 1/2 month long season is over she is glad that I will finally be at home. Well at least until turkey season starts...LOL

Quick Reply: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.