Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction? >

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

We don't talk about it much here, probably because this is where we come to get away from em for a little while, but what do your wives or gf's think about all the time and money you spend on hunting? I have a serious g/f I've been with for over a year, and she will more than likely be my wife one day soon as we are nearing graduation, and the real world. But she doesn't understand why I love the outdoors and hunting as much as I do. She respects it, and lovesthat I have a hobby, but of course I have to hear it when I'm gone all day. She asks so many questions, (just like a woman), about why I was gone so long, why I didn't "catch" anything, what I did all day, why she has to wash my clothes in scent-away,haha.Do your wives/gf's like to go with you every now and then, wake up andfix breakfast just for you at 4:00 AM, or sleep late and care less about what you're doing? Mine sleeps, then wakes up and calls every 30 minutes askin if I've "caught" a deeror turkey yet and asks when I'm comin home, haha.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

My wife knows it's part of "our" life...and always will be. Before we were married years ago, the subject was discussed in depth and clarified...now days she is just as serious about hunting/outdoors activities as I am...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife complains but she gets over it because she knows its a part of my life and its my time to unwind after a crappy day at work. She gets to sleep in and take over the bed so she doesnt complain too much, and then if I get one I have to call her first because she loves to help track. She doesnt liek hunting but likes to track and go along on deer drives during gun season. And I respect her decision not to hunt.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife is 100% supportive.

She gets up on Saturdays & holidays (in season)....and I get in the bed of the truck.....and she'll drive me down the road to my entrance point into the woods.

When I get home......She waits for me to shower.....then wants me to sit down and tell her every detail of my hunt.

She goes with me to blood trail.....and she's damned good at it.

When she asks me to do something important to her.....I do so without hesitation.....in season or not. She doesn't take advantage of this, though. We have "balance" in this.

Everyone should be so lucky.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why does it seem that women are so good at foloowing a blood trail. My wife and past girlfriends have always been great at it.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My wife is 100% supportive.

She gets up on Saturdays & holidays (in season)....and I get in the bed of the truck.....and she'll drive me down the road to my entrance point into the woods.

When I get home......She waits for me to shower.....then wants me to sit down and tell her every detail of my hunt.

She goes with me to blood trail.....and she's damned good at it.

When she asks me to do something important to her.....I do so without hesitation.....in season or not. She doesn't take advantage of this, though. We have "balance" in this.

Everyone should be so lucky.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Wis...

In my case she likely just SEES better than I do.....lol
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea i had a gf once that would always ask if i "caught" something. being the smart @$$ i was i would tell her "i was hunting not fishing honey".
But my wife now doesn't really agree with the money i pend but i just let her go shopping a couple extra days and let her have a girls night out while i watch our daughter and dont ask any questions or care how late she stays out and it keeps the peace. now she will even help track and drag it out and even jump in and help field dress.
I got it pretty good.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 AM

Wife three seem to be OK with it.....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

well my wife is a little upset on how much it costs for bow sesson. this will be her firsthunting exsperince ever. i talked her into trapeson around the woods w/ me, so i will see how it goes. she dont no the real reason why she going. to pack that kill out hahaha
Old 07-31-2008, 06:46 AM

My g/f is only beggining to find out. She has already been putting up with the time I spend shooting my bow, and running to the shop/store and I was already spending a lot of time in the woods. Last weekend I got into a new lease and there is a lot to do and learn so I told her she is going to be a deer widow from now till season ends. And thats the end of December. Hope she waits around for me. Hmmmmmmmmmm, does make it seem like we care more about deer then our women. Food for thought.

Quick Reply: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.