Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How was your day?  I bet mine was the best >

How was your day? I bet mine was the best

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How was your day? I bet mine was the best

Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default How was your day? I bet mine was the best

Have you ever wondered if other people did the things you do? For the last two evenings about the time for dinner with the family I have been getting dressed in my spring camo and scouting a ridgeline that I noticed two huge white oaks a couple days prior when I scouted the area lastweekend. I went through briars, down 10 ft creek banks, walked through 3 ft of mud and water, and finally came to where I put out the corn and the trail cam. I can’t believe I made it through the ¾ mile mosquito infested, spider web filled jungle like forest. I walked about half way back, shirt completely drenched with sweat, mud up to my knees, and sat down to have a sip of ice cold Dr.Pepper I had in my pack.

The sounds I heard I could not duplicate, the smells I couldn’t describe, and the beauty of the forest I could not draw a picture of. I wondered what other fathers were doing at this time of the evening. I pulled off my mud covered rubber boots and the sweat filled shirt and threw it in my pick up. As I drove home and finally pulled up in my driveway, my daughter met me at the door. This is when I realized how good life really is. I wish every man out there could experience the day of a hunter even out of season!

I hope everyone is itching like I am to nock a broadhead and climb a tree!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How was your day? I bet mine was the best

Climb the tree and then nock the broadhead..but I hear what you're saying!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Have you ever wondered if other people did the things you do? For the last two evenings about the time for dinner with the family I have been getting dressed in my spring camo and scouting a ridgeline that I noticed two huge white oaks a couple days prior when I scouted the area lastweekend. I went through briars, down 10 ft creek banks, walked through 3 ft of mud and water, and finally came to where I put out the corn and the trail cam. I can’t believe I made it through the ¾ mile mosquito infested, spider web filled jungle like forest. I walked about half way back, shirt completely drenched with sweat, mud up to my knees, and sat down to have a sip of ice cold Dr.Pepper I had in my pack.

The sounds I heard I could not duplicate, the smells I couldn’t describe, and the beauty of the forest I could not draw a picture of. I wondered what other fathers were doing at this time of the evening. I pulled off my mud covered rubber boots and the sweat filled shirt and threw it in my pick up. As I drove home and finally pulled up in my driveway, my daughter met me at the door. This is when I realized how good life really is. I wish every man out there could experience the day of a hunter even out of season!

Hit the nail on the head Viper. It is a great time of year and life IS good. I love the anticipation/ planning/ dreaming part of bowhunting. And yes...I have that same itch.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many chiggers did you get??

I got about 2 dozen last weekend.[:'(][:@][&:]
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn you Viper....Just when I thought I passed this week without to much anticipation...DAMN YOU!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Damn you Viper....Just when I thought I passed this week without to much anticipation...DAMN YOU!
YUP.

Tick Tock, tick tock but don't get here too quickly...
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Dominant Buck

While you were doing that....I was coughing my head off....and I'm trying to shake walking pneumonia.

So .......I'd say you had a GREAT day.

(congrats)
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Sometimes those drugs do have a positive effect.[&:][8D]
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

While you were doing that....I was coughing my head off....and I'm trying to shake walking pneumonia.

So .......I'd say you had a GREAT day.

(congrats)
The wife and I both kicked that's butt a last week or two....still just getting to 100%.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Sometimes those drugs do have a positive effect.[&:][8D]
Man, I was high as a bat...on mother nature. It had such an impact on me the past few days, I wish I could bottle it and save it for the days Im not able to enjoy mother nature at her finest. By the way, when I can get my still pictures off my regular camera, I will show you an absolute feat for an animal. I have a picture of a tree I cant put my arms around, and the beavers have knawled this thing completely around the base of the tree about 8 inches deep. Its hilarious, but at the same time aspiring the tenacity a beaver has.

Quick Reply: How was your day? I bet mine was the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.