Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take it? >

Would you take it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take it?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Would you take it?

One early morning last season i had just got settled in my tree, the woods were still pitch black. About that time i hear a couple of guys whispering and walking the trail below me. Keep in mind that this is a private farm and i am one of two people allowed to hunt it. So anyways, i reach into my pack and pull out my flashlight and shine it on them and they both turn and run away. Well later that morning after my hunt i climbed dow and decided to continue in the direction that they were headed, to see if i could spot a stand and sure enough there sits a big two man ladder stand. I decided to give the landowner a call and tell him about what happened and he told me to go and take it down and that i could keep the thing if i wanted to. So the next evening i head back out to the spot and sure enough the stand is gone. So, now lets fast forward to this morning, i'm out looking for a spot to hang a stand and i see that same stand back up, but 2 ft. off of the property line. It's pretty obvious that they are intending on hunting our woods because they are setup right above a big trail and behind them is nothing of interest. I told the landowner about it again and he told me to go take it again, even after i explained that it's on the other side of the fence. Keep in mind that the landowner is 95 years old and not able to take it himself. What would you do?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take it?

i would put no trespassin signs on the stand and on every single tree around it........thats wat we did when somethin like this happened.....also paint purple on every tree around the stand and if u spot them on ur land........u can have them arrested because u can prove that it was private land that u cant freely hunt on
Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a hard one , cuz it ain't on your property ... but like you said , they probably plan on hunting your ground . Legally i think you cannot touch it and may cause problems if you do , they may get their own back on you and your stand i'm thinkin .
Call the Police if they are trespassing , safe option .
Old 07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

If you take something off land it has EVERY RIGHT to be on.........you're a thief.

Ethics be damned. If it's on their property.....you don't have a leg to stand on. THAT is the law.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you take something off land it has EVERY RIGHT to be on.........you're a thief.

Ethics be damned. If it's on their property.....you don't have a leg to stand on. THAT is the law.
X2- You should have taken it last year!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a little confused, is the stand on the property you are allowed to hunt or on the other side of the property line? If its on your side, i'd take it down for sure. If they want it back, they can come to the farm and ask for it and someone can explain the property lines. If they don't than they know someone is on to them and will probably stay away from hunting around there. Personally, if it was me and the stand was on the property I hunt, it would be taken down. If they want it back, they can come ask for it and I'll tell them where that stand will be stuck if they try to put it on the property again! [:@] Sounds like they knew it was private property and there just trying to push there luck again.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM

What stand?????

Thats what I would say when they came to get it back.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

It's not on our property anymore. Just a couple feet past the property line. I could take it down and put it up a different farm that i hunt. If they come looking for it we could just deny it all together. How could they prove it?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Granted, they're being arses by placing it there but there isnothing you can do about it- Legally.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

So the next evening i head back out to the spot and sure enough the stand is gone. So, now lets fast forward to this morning, i'm out looking for a spot to hang a stand and i see that same stand back up, but 2 ft. off of the property line. It's pretty obvious that they are intending on hunting our woods because they are setup right above a big trail and behind them is nothing of interest.

Put a nice fence across the trail on your side of the property line, big enough to make deer go around, out of bow range (better make it about 200 yards after seeing how far some people shoot).

BTW, I think it's kind of funny that they actually ran away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.