Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take it? >

Would you take it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take it?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you take it?

When i shined them in the woods they were both carrying guns. It was during shotgun season here in Ohio. I think that they only gun hunt but who knows. I guess i could just put a friendly little note up in there stand. Or maybe loosen the bolts on the thing or something, i'm kidding.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could saw the legs off about 10 feet up so they cant get into it anymore
Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leave it be, taking it would be stealing. Post the crap out ofthe land you have permission to hunt. He'll get the picture. If not, split his wig.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

If it won't hurt your hunting, spill a bottle of bleach or somethingaround the stand location.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I know this is not the right or popular thing to do but I would go out one night and it would be gone. I would never even think of doing what they have done but the way I look at it is if I done that to them what would those two do to me? I bet I would have one less stand.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was thinking of posting some blaze orange all around that stand and make sure it full of human scent.

but seriously even if they are off the property line keep an eye on them cause i guarantee you they are planning to shoot him on your side of the fence. then its time to give the warden a call.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a similar thing happen last season. There is a ladder stand about 10 yards off my property line, no problem there but the problem was that there were about 6 or 8 saplings cut down on my side so that they could get shots onto my property. Thats a big no no, the support bar for that ladderstand got taken off and chucked into the woods. On one of the other property lines the neibor put a stand in the tree that the fence is attached to. I dont like it but there are no signs of shooting at deer on my side. I still put a no trespassing sign right there just to let him know that I know his stand is there.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you take something off land it has EVERY RIGHT to be on.........you're a thief.

Ethics be damned. If it's on their property.....you don't have a leg to stand on. THAT is the law.
Can't say it any better

Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

If his stand is only a couple of feet of the line then you can bet his hunting that woods and your to. Call the GW and ask him if he could come out to the woods your hunting and show him there stand ans how it's placed, see if he can talk to the hunters that put it there and have him ask them why there stand is that close to the line and why they couldn't move iot back further down the trail. See what answer they come up with.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM

You cant touch it if its across the fence, If you take it youll be a thief, and a trespasser. If you bother it you become a vandal and a trespasser, along with responsible for their safety if they get hurt trying to use the stand afterwards. Even if no one knows, you'll still know you did it. If it were me, I would sacrifice the area as my hunting spot to ruin it for them. I would hang as many posted signs and ribbons as I could afford all around the stand(on your side of the fence). You could also put out a bunch of bleach and chlorine tablets(pool chlorine) and leave the bleach bottles around for them to see, just pick up the bottles after you make your point. Once they go in to hunt the spot and see the signs, and bottles and smell the bleach they should know that the chances of them killing a deer there are slim, and hopefully they will just go away. Dont break the law....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.