Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dead Down Wind

Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Spike

Default Dead Down Wind

What is the best scent prevention spray? I like Dead Down Wind, but would like some feedback. Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Dead Down Wind

I've used:

White Lightning
Scent Away
DDW e3

Unless you asked the deer.....I really can't smell any of them. The residue left by the WL was horrendous. I hated that. The others......who really knows? I bought the entire DDW line, last year. The e3 is convenient enough....and I like the 8oz. spray bottle. You can take that to stand, pretty easily.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use DDW just because the owner is from around here and we are pretty good friends...he used to own a place called Andy's Archery in liberty missouri which is where i bought my bow.........hes got a sweet truck all decked out in DDW crap
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I've used several different brands and I don't know if any or all of them do any good. I use whatever I get on sale.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use DDW. I use it because i have had the best results with it. I tried it after i sold two members of their pro teams Muck Boots, and they gave me a bottle to try......since then thats all i use, and it has not let me down
Old 07-30-2008, 07:42 AM

i love dead down wind, i had to pump gas one day on the way to the tree stand, when i got there i got dressed in the field as i always do and i could smell gas on my hands, i washed my hand with DDW E3 and could not smell gas any morethat impressed me i have been using it sence
Lenny
Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Filter

i love dead down wind, i had to pump gas one day on the way to the tree stand, when i got there i got dressed in the field as i always do and i could smell gas on my hands, i washed my hand with DDW E3 and could not smell gas any morethat impressed me i have been using it sence
Lenny
I have done the same thing with the foam stuff...its crazy how it can get rid of the gas smell like that!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the DDW products but I usually mix up a big batch of the home-made stuff too.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM

I've always used dead down wind. Has worked well so far(to my knowledge anyway). I am going to try the Primos brand Silver this year. You know new product wantsy's