Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do u all think of us young hunters??? >

what do u all think of us young hunters???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do u all think of us young hunters???

Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do u all think of us young hunters???

I think you guys are the future of this past time that we all love so much called hunting, and I for one like to see young people on here talking hunting instead of what you guys could be into.....Kudo's to all of you....
I am not beyond hearing a new idea or way of doing something that I might not have tried!!!! I am set in my ways about a lot of this stuff but always open minded about something new!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

I'm all for seeing the younger folks getting involved in hunting rather than the other influences that are out there.

It would be easier to understand your posts if you wouldn't use typical teenager text message language for posting though. Spelling, capitalization and proper grammar makes it easier for us older folks to understand what you're trying to say.
I make it a point to try and use the best grammar and punctuation as possible. I also know when to join a conversation or not, there are some areas where i just dont have enough knowledge in to try and make a point.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Children should be seen and not heard

Most of you guys ain't bad, and its nice to see people so full of energy, with a lot to look forward to. Some of you will turn out to be better hunters than most could ever wish. Some will probably just talk a good game. [8D]

About the only area where sometimes young guys get a little overzealous when maybe they should just read, is when it comes to hte area of actually putting critters on the ground. Commenting on bloodtrails, BH performance, hit deer reactions etc. when you've never killed one, or only a couple.....not so valid of an opinion. Other than that, have fun.

one last thing to is willingness to learn. Being young and a know it all, you are doing yourself no favor.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow thanks guys and mike, i will make it a point to try and improve my grammar,punctuation and spelling although im only in the 8 th grade so some things im unsure of
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all comes down to time in the woods. You can read about hunting and watch movies but it doesn't make you a better outdoors man. Like Golf, I don't expect to read a years worth of golf digest and expect to become a zero handicap or shoot under par the first week on the links. Get in the woods, try new things and learn from your mistakes and don't give up. If your young and have the experience in the woods anyone will listen.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to use good grammar as often as I can, especially since when had one guy in the youth forum that was not understandable.

Thanks for the nice comments from everyone.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 PM

You guys are ahead of the curve . You're learning alot more on this site than you could ever hope to on a Wii or Playstation.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm going along with the crowd that says that we can all learn something. You may or may not have a new idea or tactic, and may mention one that we know about, but have sorta forgotten.

The only thing that bugs me (and I'm not saying this is an age thing or pointing fingers) is for someone to come asking for advice and then ignore it. For example, someone asked about shooting slugs out of a turkey choke once. It was unanimous that it wasn't a good idea. He followed up with" I already did it". Why bother to ask if you are not going to listen. Ok--I'll climb down off my soapbox now.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually don't look for ages unless something really stupid was said...just kidding...we are all HUNTERS, to me it doesn't matter the age.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

If your young, I think you should be outside or working instead of on the computer. The only time Im on huntingnet is at work otherwise there is way to much to do at home and in the woods. IMO
im always outside. play baseball every month of the year. also not old enough for a job.

kind of a weird thread steven. lol (PM me)

but anyway, it seems like most of the people are as willing to learn from us, as we are from them. great site.

Quick Reply: what do u all think of us young hunters???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.