Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-11-2003, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Short AtoA vs. Longer AtoA bows

I shoot the g2 31" ata and drive tacks to 35 yrds its got a 7 1\2 " brace hieght very forgiving and not too light I ' ve shot some bows that are less then 3 lbs and felt shock thru them.. but i agree with the others that shorter can be better in the right combination of brace to lenght...
Old 03-11-2003, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Brace height in ratio to length. I recently shot PSE' s new Firestorm Lite, 30" ata, 8" brace height. I was expecting it to be difficult to control, but it was just the opposite. It' s more stable than my One Cam Impact at 42" ata, 6.5" bh.

I think I just found a replacement for that 6 year old Impact.

Old 03-11-2003, 05:25 PM

This season was my first with a bow, and I learned a few things. My bow is 36" ATA and on a shot at a squirrel this year my bottom cam hit the side bar of the climber I was using. I still nailed that squirrel to the ground and no damage was done to my bow, but it could' ve been that monster buck that we all dream of and I could' ve missed becasue of it. My choice for hunting would be to get the shortest bow possible, that I can shoot accurately. I would be open to shooting a 32-33" ATA bow. A stable bow means nothing if you can' t maneuver to get the shot. JMO
Old 03-12-2003, 06:57 AM

i have a hoyt havotec, 34" ata with the zr200 limb and a 7 1/2 brace.. most forgiving and acurate bow ive shot. practice and form is the key reguardless of the ata. good luck
Old 03-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

DanB, I had the same thing happen on a ten pointer two years ago. I was following him from left to right with my bow out in front of me getting ready to shoot when my cam stopped on my armrest. I had to slowly ease the bow up and over the rest before continuing to follow the buck. This cost me valuable time. And before I knew it the buck was out of range.
Had I been a better hunter I might have whistled or grunted to stop him. But the deer are so spooky where I hunt I was afraid to. This missed oppertuntiy ment alot, because no-one shot anything over a 9 point that season.
The height of my stand (23' ) plus the short 13 yards to the deer also added to the equation. But some of the blame was placed on my 36" ata bow. This year I' m getting one between 29-32" ata.
If I need a bow for 3-d or target shooting I have two with 36" , the new one will be treestand/hunting only.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

DaveC and others,

If you folks are looking for a short bow in the near future then wait till my next review. You folks are going to just love this one....
Old 03-12-2003, 08:08 AM

PABowhntr

How about some insight as to what your new adventure is. I am ready to buy in the next week or so, but maybe I will hold out for a bit, depending on what you are talking about.

You can' t just leave us hangin like that. That is considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Thanks
UpNorth
Old 03-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

EERGGG!!
What is it? What is it?

I have a Blackhawk on order and it should be here ~ next Monday. Will your review be out by then????

Oh the agony, JUST TELL US ALREADY!! (purty please??)
Old 03-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

...You folks are killin' me....

I cannot tell a lie. It is not a Hoyt, Bowtech, NAAG, Mathews, Merlin, Parker or Martin...but it is on the short side with a generous brace height, little recoil/vibration and a very well put together design. Price varies between $400 and $440 most places....and that is all I am tellin' right now...
Old 03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Archery research??
PSE??
Could it be a Diamond??? (not at that price)

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.