Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Clothing Storage/Prep >

Clothing Storage/Prep

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Clothing Storage/Prep

Old 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Clothing Storage/Prep

I know many (possibly most) have had your camo stored since the end of last season. Well, in short, I didn't. My camo has been sitting on a rack down in the basement, and I'm just now getting around to preping it and getting it in a container for the season. How do most of you go about preping your clothes for storage, and what do you store them in? I was thinking about simply spraying it down with Scent Killer, getting a small plastic bin, spraying that down as well, and then just keeping them in there for the season. I change in the field, so I can just take the bin out with me, dress, and at the end of the evening, take them off and put them back in the bin. I've never kept my clothes in a containter before (I always just sprayed down in the field each time before entering my stand. Thoughts?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clothing Storage/Prep

I have a couple totes that I use and leave in my camper at the deer camp. Before seasonI will wash them all in scent free soap and then put in the totes, I use two totes, one for early season stuff and then one for cold weather gear. I have found this to be a good practice for me and my situation asI only will wash the clothes that get soiled in early season and then return them back to camp the rest are there and out of the way of scents in the tote's....
Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever works! Why change an easy regime for one more complicated if there's no need?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

I would give everything a good wash to get rid of that basement smell and whatever else has contaminated them. Then get an air tight container and store all your clothes and gear in there with some sticks and leaves from your woods. I personally re-wash all my clothes almost after every hunt.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I personally re-wash all my clothes almost after every hunt.

Seriously??? Wow! That's dedication..... or craziness....Just don't know which?!? I've never felt the need to wash my hunting clothes after every hunt! Maybe if I knew they got soiled or if I rolled around in a cow pie or something. I do however store my clothing in one of those scent-proof bags during the season because it seems to fit in my truck the easiest. During the off season, I store them in an air proof plastic bin that I keep on the upper shelf of my closet. I do use a variety of cover scents though.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Think about all of the odors that you can pick up during a hunt. You have sweat, food, car smell, gasoline, cigarette or chewing tobacco. It's really not that crazy because i hunt once a week so that means that i throw them in the wash and then throw them in my bag. Better safe than sorry!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a rubbermaid container to store my clothing in. I store my boots in a different container and my backpack in a different container as well. I usually spray everything down pretty good and I also use a branch or dirt / leaves from around the area that I will do most of my hunting. Where I hunt, there are a lot of ceder trees, so when I am out, I snip a small branch and throw it in the rubbermaid bucket, too.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Whatever works! Why change an easy regime for one more complicated if there's no need?
Well, I'm only changing my storage. Before, my clothes were just kept loose outside and sprayed once I changed in the field. Putting them in some sort of container will help contain some of the outside odors, as well as allow my to more easily move transport them.

Everyone else, thanks for the input. Throwing sticks/leaves in there is a great idea as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always put mine in a rubbermaid container but the thing I got to do is get dressed in the field. Its just so cold out sometimes I just want to get out of the truck and go. I do always spray but I wondered about throwing dirt all over my clothes. May sound stupid but I'm willing to try it before I buy all that expensive scent lok stuff.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always rewash my base layers after each hunt. If I am concerned that my outer layers got any type of unwanted smell on them I rewash them as well.

Quick Reply: Clothing Storage/Prep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.