Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Clothing Storage/Prep >

Clothing Storage/Prep

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Clothing Storage/Prep

Old 07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Clothing Storage/Prep

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: nodog

Whatever works! Why change an easy regime for one more complicated if there's no need?
Well, I'm only changing my storage. Before, my clothes were just kept loose outside and sprayed once I changed in the field. Putting them in some sort of container will help contain some of the outside odors, as well as allow my to more easily move transport them.

Everyone else, thanks for the input. Throwing sticks/leaves in there is a great idea as well.
3 mil black plastic bags work. I wouldn't use a ridgid container.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I'm into a bit of overkill when it comes to storage. I wash everything about 2 weeks before the season, then air dry outside. After all the clothes are dry, then go either into a vaccum sealed bag or a tightly sealed plastic tote. When I go on a trip everything goes into the vaccum sealed bags then into a box for shipping. After each trip to the field all my "dirty" clothes goes in a separate bag from my never worn items. I'm a freak, I know. It probably more superstition than actual practical use. But it works for me. My wife hates the tubs sitting in the closet during hunting season, but gives me confidence. I wash every worn item every three weeks or so...depends on how much it's used.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I personally re-wash all my clothes almost after every hunt.
As long as I sweat, ANY......I re-wash, as well. Every time. No big deal.....as it takes about an hour and a half.

Once the temps here cool down.....I use the big resealable hefty bags (Lisa bought them for me) with the zipper lock (air tight). They work great.....and I keep a set of camo per bag. I go 2-3 hunts without washing, then. Spray down, every time.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Look into the XXL ziplocks, they're great. Any they really are air tight compared to most rubbermaid containers
Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used hefty bags last year, but not sealed ones. Haven't seen the XXL ziplocks either, thanks guys.