Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trespassers

Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default trespassers

i have a open field surrounded by trees that i hunt and have never had troubles with trespassers. but now this year i put in food plots and salt licks. i have a bunch of Deleted for skirting profanity filter using it as a racetrack for the four wheelers. they do not go on it during the day either- only at night. i put up "posted" signs and signed them . what else can i do. i put up a trail cam ... but no pics yet. any help?????!!!

Symbols $ are not acceptable to skirt the profanity filter. Next time the thread will be deleted.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trespassers

Put some razor wire across their track and in the morning collect your
trophies (4 wheelers), your on your own with the bodies.

or you could have the sherrif come out and take a look.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Run a single strand across one of their runs, they'll get the message. They're scumbags with no reguard for other peoples property, plain and simple.[:'(][>:][>:]
Old 07-28-2008, 06:41 PM

If there is a definite trail there using dig a trench about 3 foot deep and at least that wide cover it with small limbs leaves etc ! It will get there attention trust me . When it comes to poachers and trespassersyou have tomake them a believer sometimes. The landowner i hunt with removed two men from his property that he caught the year before and warned them then not to return well they returned last year and he ******ed them with a double barrel shotgun he called the sheriff as he walked themto the his houseand they were arrested on the spot . Needless to say word has gotten around and no one wants to chance it ! You invest lot's of time and money into your hunting you sometimes got to do whatever it takes to get the word out to stay off private land ! Im not saying kill somebody by any means !
Old 07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you know, razor wire or evena single strand across one of the runs can end you up in jail and getting sued. I highly recommend sitting at where they are entering the field in the evening and intercepting them. If they are in a truck, take down the license plate number. A nice talk about trespassing and respecting someone else's property. End the conversation with further incidents will involve law enforcement. If it happens again, find a secretive spot and call law enforcement as soon as they show up. Get photos & when law enforcement shows up, ask for a copy of the police report to follow up with civil action afterwards.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

RAZOR WIRE[] Your kidding right! Someone could get killed, Call the Police and let them do their job. Don't do something stupid that you will regret the rest of your life. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES {Forrest Gump}

Hatchet Jack

Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wait or follow there tracks back to where they start and get them that way. If you do something malitious you'll be the one with the boyfriend name bubba.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Not to beat a dead horse but taking any type of "self-help" measures (barbed wire, trenches, spike strips, etc) makes YOU the bad guy, legally speaking.Your best bet would be to get the local authorities involved and let them take care of it. A trail cam would be a good idea and could def give you some good evidence but i would be worried about the trespassers stealing them since they obviously have no respect for other people's property.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

1x6 with nails drove through it an put it in the ground... let em flaten all 4 tires.....jus remember to not walk on it!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

That hole senario bites .
Ive been lucky the last couple of years but you never no .

Quick Reply: trespassers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.