Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

big buck down!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: big buck down!

I guess he's go a little more spread now
Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man thats sucks. glad it was not worse. Shed was not so lucky. A repair man knocked his off onto a concrete floor and busted some tines. Did your anchor fail??
Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

he just want to widen the antlers from each other
I've heard there a neat trick called "The Rompola," where you can ge an extra 3-4" of width on a rack by doing this!!!

Sorry to hear about the deer taking a spill, you and the "old lady" haven't bee feuding lately or anything have you??? In all honesty, I wouldn't have expected any "broken tines" as those horns take some SERIOUS abuse and remain unscathed a LOT of the tie, a little fall like that wouldn't surpise me to break a skull plate, but those antlers are TOUGH, even after the deer is dead for a long time.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I've heard there a neat trick called "The Rompola," where you can ge an extra 3-4" of width on a rack by doing this!!!

Sorry to hear about the deer taking a spill, you and the "old lady" haven't bee feuding lately or anything have you??? In all honesty, I wouldn't have expected any "broken tines" as those horns take some SERIOUS abuse and remain unscathed a LOT of the tie, a little fall like that wouldn't surpise me to break a skull plate, but those antlers are TOUGH, even after the deer is dead for a long time.
Dang man i havnt heard anything about that situationin a looonnnggg time
Old 07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Dang man i havnt heard anything about that situationin a looonnnggg time
Siman,
We, Gary (Germ), Rob, myself, JoshW and Doug Pa, as well as Jim (Huntinson), conversed about him this weekend. Then Germ had to go and prove that Rompola wasn't the only Michigan "CHEATER!!!" Actually, I believe he is probably one of the country's GREATEST EVER deer hunters, he just couldn't resist the possibility of getting that "NEW World Record," and he got busted. Check on him, though, and you'll find that he's ABSOLUTELY no slouch, and he's killed some ABSOLUTE monsters aside from the deer that famed/shamed him.

EDIT:
And if you're not planning on it yet, you're close enough that you ould make it to the 2009 HNI GTG!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea ive done my fair share of reading on the Rompola buck. He gets a bruiser just about every year, i never did hear what he did exactly to that deer, ive heard everything from fake antlers to high fence to pen raised and now skull splitting

BTW i was going to try to make it to the get-together but i just couldnt because of work. Summers a busy time [:@]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tell you what Magic thats always been one of my worst fears when I'm gone or just sleeping at night. More then once the thought crosses my mind every week! Hope you can get it straightened out. How was the trip?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was about 8 or 10 years old my friend and I were playing basketball in the hous with those little hoops you hang on the door. He hit the wall and down came the deer mount. Only his broke one antler off and I remember his dad coming in to see what the noise was and he grabbed the antler and poped the ball we were playing with it and left.

I thought we were going to die!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I tell you what Magic thats always been one of my worst fears when I'm gone or just sleeping at night. More then once the thought crosses my mind every week! Hope you can get it straightened out. How was the trip?
Trip went good. Business end shows some promise. The bluegill elimination was a huge success. I caught at least 60 gills that were 8"- 9" I caught 1 bass that was very close to 18" and a bunch more between 13-16". No bass were harmed on this tripI'm having family over tonight for a big bluegill fry!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

But it hit so hard it must have cracked the skull plate. The antlers wiggle independant of each other
Just smile and increase the spread a touch.

Quick Reply: big buck down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.