HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who needs a Gig,, froggin with a bow! (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/254820-who-needs-gig-froggin-bow-pics.html)

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 09:33 AM

Who needs a Gig,, froggin with a bow! (pics)

Well Me my son and his best bud had a great weekend. The boys wore me out :DWe were shooting around in the yard and they were wanting to go frog giggin and it was mentioned that we ought to try it with stick and string :)
The plan was laid and we were off after dark settled in. Much to my suprise it was WAY funner than i thought it would be. We got in to the Frogs big time but only shot about everyone fifth one because some were just to small.
We ended up with 18 taking 6 apiece before our batteries faded and we had to quit [:o]Lesson learned, take junk arrows for this. Luckily i had taken some old terminators and not my victorys ;)We were in old strip mine area and there were hidden rocks under some of the mud. [:@]This was Saturday night. Sunday found us at a local 3-d shoot. We got a late start on that one and as we checked out, we looked at the books and noticed i was hanging in third with only a few shooters left in the field, I turned in a 290. My son was hanging third and his buddy was hanging in second. We left happy but drained from the heat. Great weekend with the boys.

Dalton getting to let one have it

His bud Jamond letting one fly

Me the sweaty one :DBut i had to pack the frogs [8D]

mobow 07-28-2008 09:37 AM

RE: Who needs a Gig,, froggin with a bow! (pics)

That's good stuff right there bro.....good stuff! And that's about as challenging as it gets right there, it just ain't easy.

TexasBowHunter 07-28-2008 09:38 AM

That sounds like a good time brother!!!!

HuntingBry 07-28-2008 09:41 AM

Sounds like fun. How close do you get to those little buggers before you whack em?

PABuckbuster12 07-28-2008 09:43 AM

Thats awesome! Thanks for the story!

quiksilver 07-28-2008 09:48 AM

It's not easy being green.

Kermit the Frog just called - and he wishes to inform the Huntingnet community thathe does notcondone the type of behavior discussed by Mr. Bloodcrick. Kermit is outraged byMr. Bloodcrick's actions, and maintains that Frogs are friendly amphibians, and should be loved and embraced by all.

Jim Henson was unavailable for comment.

Frog hunting is bad.

Germ 07-28-2008 09:50 AM

Dan you did hunsucker proud in that shirt:D

HuntingBry 07-28-2008 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

It's not easy being green.

Kermit the Frog just called - and he wishes to inform the Huntingnet community thathe does notcondone the type of behavior discussed by Mr. Bloodcrick. Kermit is outraged byMr. Bloodcrick's actions, and maintains that Frogs are friendly amphibians, and should be loved and embraced by all.

Jim Henson was unavailable for comment.

Frog hunting is bad.
Bambi called and said he's heard all about the supposed King and that he's got plans for you...

rybohunter 07-28-2008 09:55 AM

Man that is some good eating....and good shooting too!

Siman08/OH 07-28-2008 10:00 AM

Looks like fun Dan, ya eat em?

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 10:09 AM

Quick :DI bout dumped a lung on the floor on that one bro :D
Germ... just slightly over 16" but need to loose some more fat in other areas [:o]
Siman... yes we do eat them. they are soaking but will be ate tonight :)
Thanks guys for the coments :)lots of love from the crick :)

Rory/MO 07-28-2008 10:26 AM

nice shooting, i might have to give that a try:)

Lanse couche couche 07-28-2008 10:30 AM

You all are gonna pay for that massacre.

quiksilver 07-28-2008 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Believe it or not - I have actually sat down and watchedthat movie. Great, great film! Some great scenes and one-liners in there.

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 11:22 AM

The shots on the little buggers was any where from 5 to 13 yards . :)

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Sounds like fun. How close do you get to those little buggers before you whack em?

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 11:24 AM

:DLMAO :D

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

twildasin 07-28-2008 11:57 AM

looks like lots of fun!

Tuco 07-28-2008 12:11 PM

Was that a frog in your hand or your enourmously fat fingers??

>>>BAM<<<

HuntingBry 07-28-2008 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Tuco

Was that a frog in your hand or your enourmously fat fingers??

>>>BAM<<<
That made me laugh so hard a booger flew out of my nose!

MichaelHunsucker 07-28-2008 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Very funny! haha

Funny that you just posted this Dan, my buddy Nate has been wanting me to go out and do this with him. He said its a blast and would make for some pretty good video. Im going to try and get out there to do it sometime soon!

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 12:44 PM

Awesome Mike. Some tips.. bring more than one rechargable and a couple flashlights. Ill take a fish basket next time vs. a stringer. Use your 30 yard pin when they are 5 yards away ;)And have a blast :)

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: Germ

Very funny! haha

Funny that you just posted this Dan, my buddy Nate has been wanting me to go out and do this with him. He said its a blast and would make for some pretty good video. Im going to try and get out there to do it sometime soon!

silentassassin 07-28-2008 01:13 PM

It's a blast we shot about 200 this year and caught (with our hands) another 200 or soand gigged another 100 or so. We have cooked a BUNCH of frogs this year. I cooked 52 for a group of friends yesterday evening along with some catfish, fried squash, skillet fried taters and hushpuppies.......redneck heaven;)

Siman08/OH 07-28-2008 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

It's a blast we shot about 200 this year and caught (with our hands) another 200 or soand gigged another 100 or so. We have cooked a BUNCH of frogs this year. I cooked 52 for a group of friends yesterday evening along with some catfish, fried squash, skillet fried taters and hushpuppies.......redneck heaven;)
what a feast! :D

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-28-2008 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Dan, I'd hate to insult you this way but oh my G, my wife thinks we look very much alike as well but I'm better looking. It's kinda scary in that picture but I have to agree. I could easily pass that photo off as myself. [&:]

MichaelHunsucker 07-28-2008 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Dan, I'd hate to insult you this way but oh my G, my wife thinks we look very much alike as well but I'm better looking. It's kinda scary in that picture but I have to agree. I could easily pass that photo off as myself. [&:]

I always thought that you guys looked alike as well...

PEAKRUT_JR 07-28-2008 02:37 PM

HAHAHA bows, I use my hands!

Nice friggin catch!

Brknarrow1970 07-28-2008 03:52 PM

dude that is a blast, I used to do a bunch of it in FLA, looks like a great time

Rhody Hunter 07-28-2008 03:57 PM

That is cool . that will keep you shooting tight

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 05:39 PM

OK i admit it, i thought the same several years ago :DDam we are lookers :D

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-28-2008 05:43 PM

OK i admit it, i thought the same several years ago :DDam we are lookers :D

True that and our women are lucky. ;) :D

LouisianaTomkat 07-28-2008 05:54 PM

Oh Rob, I think you may need to start bottle-feeding your fingers to catch with bloodcrick.:D

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-28-2008 07:15 PM

LMAO LT.

Dan, I copied and emailed that picture of you at full draw to my mother. I told her I sent it and told her to call me when she got it. I didn't say who it was. She called me and asked me what I was doing in that photo....I almost couldn't convince her it wasn't me....MY MOTHER! I feel sorry for you.

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 07:20 PM

LMAO!! That poor woman is thinking she had a baby stolen years ago. I got to ask, :eek:how old are you?? I turned 43 this month.

LMAO LT.

Dan, I copied and emailed that picture of you at full draw to my mother. I told her I sent it and told her to call me when she got it. I didn't say who it was. She called me and asked me what I was doing in that photo....I almost couldn't convince her it wasn't me....MY MOTHER! I feel sorry for you.

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-28-2008 07:49 PM

LMAO!! That poor woman is thinking she had a baby stolen years ago. I got to ask, :eek:how old are you?? I turned 43 this month.

LMAO LT.

LOL Dan, I'll be 42 in Nov....we're safe.

My wife and I watched the HB episode with you in it, it's the profile more than anything. We could be brothers tho, you being the older one. ;) I bet we could have some fun with it. [8D]

bigtim6656 07-28-2008 07:58 PM

nic ewe got alot of strip pit here one of my hunting spot oddly is not near water every step you take you see 10 frogs jump all real small though.

bloodcrick 07-28-2008 08:04 PM

:DI got seniority [8D]Dont laugh at the first shot. i got caught up in the moment concentraitingmore on my form and not paying attention to how far they had gotten from me. :DI chocked :DYes we could have fun with it ;)

bigtim6656The place we were at was only about 1/2 acre big and we only covered one side. we were in frogs everywhere. Alot were small so we let them have a pass ;)

LMAO LT.

LOL Dan, I'll be 42 in Nov....we're safe.

My wife and I watched the HB episode with you in it, it's the profile more than anything. We could be brothers tho, you being the older one. ;) I bet we could have some fun with it. [8D]

MarquetteMagnum 07-29-2008 12:17 AM

that looks like fun. I had frog legs two nights ago, and they were good.

BrownBow33 07-29-2008 01:13 AM

That looks like a lot of fun!!