Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you shoot while sitting? >

Do you shoot while sitting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you shoot while sitting?

Old 07-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do you shoot while sitting?

Hey guys, how many of you shoot out of your treestand while sitting rather than standing? I am asking cause in my first year bow hunting I was busted twice while trying to stand up before shooting. After the second time I just took a few practice shots while sitting and then headed back into the woods and took my first deer without standing up. Call me crazy but I actually think I shoot better sitting because I am alot more stable, better balanced, and am forced to bend at the waist. What do you think?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you shoot while sitting?

I practice sitting just in the event i cant stand up....but to answer your question...no i havent shot anything sitting down
Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both, I try to be standing if possible but sometimes you just have to stay still and take what you get. Just be sure to practice for anything and you can do anything.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot most of my deer sitting down, although I've never practiced it from a stand. For whatever reason, I'm just very comfortable with it. I rarely stand up even when given a sure opportunity to do so.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 AM

I'll be shooting from a seated position.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

It all depends on the circumstances at hand. If I have time to stand I will. If not, Ill stay sitting. Standing allows you to be able to pull off more difficult shots where sitting restricts your movement and shot angel even though it is more stable that standing. 90% of my shots have been made standing.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have but prefer to shoot standing
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

If everything has went as planned I always shoot sitting.

Dan
Old 07-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive shot all my deer standing up but that was because i was able to stabd up without them spotting me, in any event where a buck is right in front of me or to the left, i will shoot sitting down
Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt, hunting out of a tri-pod is really a good option and I have been hunting out of them so long that I really have learned to hunt sitting. I can't remember taking a deer out of an elevated position whenI wasn't sitting. I also started about 7 years ago hunting hang-on stands that were like a tri-pod in the fact that they swivel all the way around and give me 360 shooting while remaining seated....I am more comfortable in this situation and I believe it requires less movement!!!

Quick Reply: Do you shoot while sitting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.