Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards >

Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The truth is Brett......I have NO IDEA what shooting from 2 yds from an elevated platform will produce. I've never done it. I have shot straight down, though.

I never mentioned anything about elevation for Scenario No. 1......but clearly mentioned it for scenario No. 2.

It's not that big of a deal, really......and I suppose I can see where the confusion came from. YOUR scenario is something I didn't figure on. I've never done it.
Jeff,
"Theoretically" you should use your 30-50yd pin based on the height of your peep. REALISTICALLY, MANY of us that HAVE shot this shot, find a variety of results, and certainly form maybe a determining factor, but even at that, if a guy like me can keep everything where he wants with a 24yd. pin, then what does it matter what "theory" says ???? I've personally practiced the shot, and know where I hit, and that's what is optimally the most important part of attemting the shot irregardlessof what a hooter shooter gets.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

OHbowhntr:

I guess it's as much of a "theory" as it woud be to say if you shoot your arrow "up".....eventually it will come down.

Its been an interesting thread, though. [&:]
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow----it's been a loooong time since i've read anything that made me feel less intelligent,but this thread did it!Did anyone ever come up with any answers?All i see is a couple guys who love argueing the color of the sky.jmho.Wow![&o][:'(]Time to find a site that isn't just one or two people trying to control what everyone else is saying or doing.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 PM

that's funny!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jsasker

Wow----it's been a loooong time since i've read anything that made me feel less intelligent,but this thread did it!Did anyone ever come up with any answers?All i see is a couple guys who love argueing the color of the sky.jmho.Wow![&o][:'(]Time to find a site that isn't just one or two people trying to control what everyone else is saying or doing.
I did,it is called sight paralax.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

At 2 yards I usually just wet my finger, jab them right in the bum holieo, curl my finger and let them drag me around till they get tired!
I thought I was the only one that tried that! It a pretty good style!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

WHat's REALLY funny ......is reading this thread and NOT knowing if you stand 2yds from your target with a compound......and put your 20yd pin on the target......you're gonna shoot low.

To think you read this....and still thought there was a question.....is laughable.

that's funny!
I agree.....but I'm not laughing with ya...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Don't care.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

jsasker--"Wow----it's been a loooong time since i've read anything that made me feel less intelligent,but this thread did it!Did anyone ever come up with any answers?All i see is a couple guys who love argueing the color of the sky.jmho.Wow![&o][:'(]Time to find a site that isn't just one or two people trying to control what everyone else is saying or doing. "

You must have really not read this thread as it contains some good information. Noone tries to control anything, that is your perception.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

And I have as much (or more) respect for Brett as I had when we started (which is a lot....and he knows it).

What kills me are the ones who are so hell-bent that they want something (or someone) to be "wrong"....they let it cloud their judgement.

THAT is "laughable".

I enjoyed the discussion, Brett.

Quick Reply: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.