Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which CLIMBER?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which CLIMBER?

OK I believe I'm sold on the Lone Wolf though I don't like the idea of the "sit and climb" model. I've been looking at some stands online and there is an

Alpha hand climber treestand for $329 and an Alpha hand climber combo for $307

Now I have 2 questions,

1) what else is different about the more expensive one other than you get a sit and climb strap whereas with the combo you don't?

2) is it just that pictures are deceiving or is the "combo's" seat thinner in profile?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I hunted out of Summits for years and years, and still have a Cobra and a Viper. My Lone Wolf hand climber is just as solid as either, is lighter and folds flat.

I used a lone wolf hand climber for a couple years, then I got the summit open shot, its just as lightandclimbs much better. Istill have the lonewolf but never use it any more.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Best stand on the market
Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

NOBODY can take my Lone Wolf climberfrom me. NOBODY!! I wouldn't hunt with any other stand. I even went out and bought an LW Assault hang on as a back up. Now I've got the complete package.There's the best, and there's all the rest.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I really like my Summit Openshot. Its light (14 lb) quiet, comfortable, and easy to use. And it only cost 200.00!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

My lone wolf is sturdier than my Summit, I think the lone wolf is the most overlooked stand on the market due to its price.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I purchased my first climber last season at the suggestion of a very well respected hunter/friend of mine. I purchased the Lone Wolf hand climber and absolutely love it! He told me everything about the Lone Wolf and even brought it to work and showed me all of the features. I bought one within the week.

I was able to use it 10-12 times last year and ended up loving it. Since I was fairly new to the climber's, there was a learning curve, but once I learned all of the intricacies of the stand, I was good to go. First thing I did was buy some "padded" camo tape and just taped a few areas that my boots may scrape when climbing/descending. Then I bought a small handsaw in a sheath and strapped it to the bottom side of the seat for those small limbs that I encounter when climbing. I also purchased the longer traction belts that now allow me to climb even larger diameter trees.

Invest in the Lone Wolf and you won't be disappointed.