Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which CLIMBER?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default which CLIMBER?

I'm considering retiring my summit XLS which weighs 16lbs for a younger prettier and lighter stand. One thing I don't like about my XLS is that it likes to catch the back of my ankles and trip me. What I want in the new stand is:

1- equal or lighter weight

2- quiet (my XLS squeaks sometimes)

3- ease of use and set-up

4- ease of packing/unpacking

I'm a lightweight so heavy duty is not a requirement. As I said in another post, I don't buy junk but at the same time I don't wanna spend more than 400ish for this stand.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: which CLIMBER?

Not sure of your age,(cause its little seat ,and using your forearms to rest on the short seat)but I finally upgraded last year to a lone wolf climber,, it is AWESOME!!! cant believe I ever hunted without one,, light ,easy,packs flat,and can move through thick stuff without snags!and I can adjust it way up in the tree to get its platform nice and flat. (takes some pratice though) and a fall arrest system
Old 07-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too have a lonewolf and love it. It certainly takes some gettin used to cimbing with (don't go out on opening day and try to use it in the dark) but it is a sweet stand.

Its light and packs flat so i can carry it on my back and then put my backpack on over it. Works out really well. Also its about a quiet as a climber gets...
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Loan oops Lone Wolf They are pricy but the sit and climb is the best in the business. talk about quite in the tree. Not a sound. and the sit and climb makes it almost too easy.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you guys say the Lone Wolf is "sturdier" than the Summit Viper. I think summit needs to address some weight and quietness issues with their stands. Sturdy as they come, but noisy to me. What do you guys say?

LT
Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Would you guys say the Lone Wolf is "sturdier" than the Summit Viper. I think summit needs to address some weight and quietness issues with their stands. Sturdy as they come, but noisy to me. What do you guys say?

LT
I have the summit open shot, its quite and lite. I like it.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

equal or lighter weight
If the bar is set at your 16#'s.....you're SOL on most of the choices here.......except gri22's
Old 07-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think my Lone Wolf Alpha is right in there. I didn't care much for the sit and climb model. Super easy and quiet to set up. Packs very flat. You may want to take a look at it.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted out of Summits for years and years, and still have a Cobra and a Viper. My Lone Wolf hand climber is just as solid as either, is lighter and folds flat.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

Quick Reply: which CLIMBER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.