Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My new bow is finally set up & dialed in !! >

My new bow is finally set up & dialed in !!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My new bow is finally set up & dialed in !!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default My new bow is finally set up & dialed in !!

Well, it took a little longer than I originally expected, but my new Switchback XT is set up! The AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight took a little more tweaking than I expected- but it is now shooting DEAD NUTS out to 25 yards. The HHA Optimizer Light Plus Adjustable Sight Mount is super easy to adjust from one yardage to another (I initially set my first yardage marker at 15 yards, then bumped up to 25 yards last night & tonight). I'm literally hitting spots the size of quarters at 15 yards and spots the size of Silver Dollars at 25 yards. Tomorrow, I move back to 35 yards.

Here's the rig- complete with the 8", 11 ounce B-Stinger Sport Hunter Stabilizer in Lost Camo. I have a simple, APA Ultimate Arrow Rest (prong style) and finished it off with a Jager grip. The only thing not on this bow right now is the MeanV CSS which is on it's way. The bow is set up for a 28" draw length at 67 lbs. of pull.

The draw cycle on this bow is so smooth. The valley is perfect for me & the wall is solid. My oldest son is already asking me whats the lowest poundage I can crank my Outback down to as he now has designs on my #2 bow!

Rob
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My new bow is finally set up & dialed in !!

Very nice rig Gray.