Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another how's my form

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: another how's my form

ORIGINAL: TFOX
It doesn't slow him down,still the fastest kid on his all star baseball team and they call him speedy.

Football?

Am I sensing a career as a tailback?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Looks good Todd. Although, what i really wana know is how's his control (pitching)coming along? Work on his follow-through after release any this summer?
I let him play and didn't do a whole lot of work with it.Just didn't want to take any chances with his arm.He is still around the plate.He is doing some pitching now as a 9 year old on a 10 year old all star team.I figure he gets enough throwing in games and warm up.His form and technique is good(not great)and I do remind him to hit his marks but not much beyond that.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

It doesn't slow him down,still the fastest kid on his all star baseball team and they call him speedy.

Football?

Not really his thing,tried it,likes it but would rather play fall leaguebaseball than football.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Football?

Not really his thing,tried it,likes it but would rather play fall leaguebaseball than football.

How about a glove like Ozzie Smith and the power of Adam Dunn, with more consistancy? Is that more his style?[8D]
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep,power,but content with base hitsand short/centerfield speed(better outfield glove than infield).Plays short in regular league.He played short,pitch,catch and centerfield all in 1 game.

But back on topic,can't wait untill he can shoot a deer with it.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Do you recommend having the feet that far apart? I'm not being a smart ass I really want to know. One would think that would give a better "base." I'm usually about shoulder width apart.
That stance is too wide. Shoulder width is correct. Other than that, not bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Do you recommend having the feet that far apart? I'm not being a smart ass I really want to know. One would think that would give a better "base." I'm usually about shoulder width apart.
That stance is too wide. Shoulder width is correct. Other than that, not bad.
Look at olympic archers,they are about the same width as he is.I am a shoulder width proponent as well but I don't think wider is wrong,but imo,narrower is.

I had him working on hips and grip so I did not ask him to narrow up.I try not to add too many things at once,especially with a young person.Everything else he was doing on his own.Once he has the other things going without thinking about it,I will have him try narrower to see how it works.

Granted,they are 2 different disciplines between recurve and compound but like I have already said,not ready to call it wrong just yet.