Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 treestand question >

treestand question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

treestand question

Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 PM

Default treestand question

i just got my hunter education card and this is going to bed the first year iam going to get to go hunting by myself and i need to get a good stand to put around the feild i hunt. and my dad says it need s to be safe and affordable. so does anyone know of any treestand that are not real expencive easy to acsess and is good for bowhunting if you do post pics of them our just tell about them and if you know price put it plz and tell were u can get it if u live in missouri
Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 PM

Default RE: treestand question

go to cabelas.com and go to climbers, it is called the open shot, as long as you have your harness on right, you shouldnt have a problem, i just got it and love it, with shipping its about 175-180 ish.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I hate to contradict what a previous poster JUST told you......but if you're new to climbing....I would NOT get an open front climbing stand. Get something with a rail (if you go the climber route).

For sheer safety.....I'd recommend a 12' ladder stand (and for the beginner factor, as well).

Whatever you do.....just stay connected to the tree or a safety line all the time.

You might tell us if you're looking for a fixed stand or a portable climber. The fixed stands are less expensive.....typically bigger (if you choose a ladder type).....but the downfall is they are not portable.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres a few.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=tr ee+stands&category0=
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

.....but the downfall is they are not portable.
I guess i should have said, if you want to go portable, other wise if portability isnt a problem then i would go with a fixed stand.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 PM

fixed stand
Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

if i were you id get a ladder stand. climbers are hard to learn IMO, and since your what 12? you might have a tough time with a climber.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:33 PM

i agree with rory... a 12' ladder stand would be the best... they usually are less than 100 at dicks or walmart or anyplace like that
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Yea Hunter, I would get a ladder stand.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:48 PM

Whatever you decide, be sure to ALWAYS wear your safety harness. I have read about several guys getting hurt badly or even killed because they were not wearing their harness. And that was just in the past 2 weeks!! Imagine what it will be like when everyone hits the woods. It is easy to think it won't happen to you, but all it takes is 1 small thing to go wrong and then it is too late.

Quick Reply: treestand question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.