Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse? >

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 AM

Default RE: About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
yet today I find it hard to watch some of the hunting shows on TV. Hearing the laughter and seeing the fist pumping after the shot kinda makes me cringe.
This is a sign of low-class that I totally agree with you on. Flame away.......it's low-class IMO.

Take care, pal.
I'll bite, that's a joke. Who are you to judge others for celebrating their kill? Some people just get plum excited over hunting. They don't kill 10+ deer a year, so when they do it something to get worked up over. How can one understand being emotional about killing animals, yet call someone who fist pumps after the kill low class? Killingan animal with stick and string is a great accomplishment and I'll be damned if it is low class to celebrate afterwards.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

^^^ I smell a celebration thread brewing.

My opinion, there is celebrating because one is truly happy, and there is the moronic stuff that happens on MANY videos. Not all.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

My opinion, there is celebrating because one is truly happy, and there is the moronic stuff that happens on MANY videos. Not all.
Exactly.

If you wanna start a moronic celebration thread, Tembry.....have at it. This isn't the place for it.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 AM

WW
complete repsect, hope you can go get them with a camera and post the pics.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

First let me say that I understand and alos hope that you find your peace.

Second, God did not intend for humans to worship ANYTHING but God. The bible states very clearly that man has dominion over the animals and God himself commads Peter to kill:
Acts 10 12-13 12Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

Genesis 27 3-4
3Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; 4And make me savory meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.

I also don't see anything wrond with celebrating the culmination of all of your hard worth paying off against such a worthy opponent when you make a well placed shot. JMO

Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM

I think you will find peace either way you go. Hunting is peaceful and so is taking pics. I feel that you will be back in the woods this fall in some capacity. I respect your position and who knows, you may come full circle again and pick up that stick and string. You won't be the first to do it.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Itseems to me your view point is a little skewed. Firstly, you are talking about shooting an almost domesticated deer as opposed to a truly wild deer. I too would probably have a hard time shooting an animal I had sort of bonded with. If I named a cow and then made him a hamburger it probably would be much harder to do.

The truth is the Lord made animals to provide nutritional value to our bodies, and I am going to partake.

Can I ask if you are vegetarian? Because, if youwon't kill them, but eatanimals that is a little strange to me. Hey, this is a free country, so do what makes you feel good and I will do the same. In parting, imagine if a caveman had thought the way you do?? Hmmm. I guesshe would have been confined to berries and leaves. [:'(]

Either way, I hope you find a peace about it.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

this is my first year back sence 1993, the year my dad passed away, and the year i ran a fawn over while hunting. it broke its back i cryed like a baby my friend had to put it out of its mesery, i just coulnd do it. i feel i have went trew my remours stage. good luck 2 u on what road u go down who nowsmaybe u will bback hunting some year.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Ten years ago, if someone told me I'd be giving up hunting, I'd of said they were crazy. I lived and breathed hunting.

I think my problem was greed. I was killing deer just to keep my reputation for friends and family. They always talked and bragged about me being the deer slayer. Anytime the conversation turned to deer hunting(which was often) I'd hear the comments. I liked it. I didn't want to lose my reputation so I kept killing.

Today I regret it! It wasn't right of me. Yeah, my family and me ate lots of venison and I would give lots away. But it was senseless for me to shoot all those deer for some selfish pride.

Even back then, I'd feel a little remorse once in a while, but was always able to shug it off. As years went by it got harder and harder to do.

I always felt pressure when I was hunting. I had to fill my tags.I had to get a deer. What would everyone think if I didn't get my tags filled? I liked hunting but that pressure kept me from enjoying the total experience of it all.

In time, it all caught up to me. I slowly started to realize, it was wrong. About this time, I had this doe coming to my backyard. In the back of my mind, I knew my hunting days were numbered.

I still love the taste of deer jerky and all that stuff. Guess I'll have to pick up a few road kills

Maybe this fall, I'll get the bug and grab a camera. but anyway guys, thanks again. I'm sure I'll stop by from time to time to see whats going on in here.

One more pic

Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ican't say that I agree with you butI do understand your reasons, I feel far to many miss what hunting is really about.

For so many that post here sheer number of kills is all that matters.I find the nanny whacking threads in as poor a taste as any thing I have ever read. A doe is a very fine animal and deserves more respect than they are given.

Way To many kill just to kill,the kill is why its called hunting,but hunting isfar more thanjust the killing.

My hunting has changed as I have matured, I kill one or sometimes two bucks per year,one from PA & one from NY. I have no reason to kill any morebut feel no guilt in taking the ones that I do,we eat well.

I wish you the best,a camera can extend your time in the woods with no seasons or bag limits.
Be sure and post some ofyour better ones.

Quick Reply: About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.