Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork. >

Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Wanna help ole Rob out and do some research for me?

I'm looking for a camera tree arm for my GL2.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Hunter Cam Cradle HD
Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM

http://gomuddy.com/products/2
Old 07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go

Haha

On a serious note...how much are you looking to spend?

IMO the lone wolf and gorilla arms are crap. The heads on them are plastic and jump around and you wont get smooth video. If you are wanting to capture some quality video i think your going to have to spend a little bit of money. Honestly, if money wasnt and object i would tell you to buy our tree arm, but i highly dobut you are looking to spend $775.I know there are a couple other arms out there that are quality that are a little more affordable...but i guess it all depends on how much you are looking to spend...
Old 07-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This tree arm looks like a pretty good one. I Played with it a bit at the ATA show.

http://www.gomuddy.com/products/2

This arm is similar to ours in that you can attach your own fluid tripod head to it which will make for some much better footage! I havent used it with a camera on it, but a GL2 is pretty light so i highly doubt you will have any trouble with that...

Old 07-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Hunter Cam Cradle HD
Personally, i would not go with the hunter cam cradle. I have heard a lot of bad things about these from guys.

3 arms, IMO, simply doesnt work. You would think it would allow for more movement and make it easier to control, but it is just too much. It actually makes it harder to control and move the camera smoothly.

Also, the more arms you have the more sag you are going to get with heavier cameras. Like i said before, probably wont be a big deal with a GL2, but you never know...
Old 07-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mike, $775? Is it made out of Platinum or Gold? LOL She sure do look perty though.

On that Go Muddy arm, You get the base and arm and then supply your own fluid tripod head? That looks pretty nice.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

This tree arm looks like a pretty good one. I Played with it a bit at the ATA show.

http://www.gomuddy.com/products/2

This arm is similar to ours in that you can attach your own fluid tripod head to it which will make for some much better footage! I havent used it with a camera on it, but a GL2 is pretty light so i highly doubt you will have any trouble with that...

I didn't see this before I bought the HCC[:@]....I am loving thatangle supportbrace.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Mike, $775? Is it made out of Platinum or Gold? LOL She sure do look perty though.
Its all machined aluminum, only weighs 10lbs and is made for the BIG cameras. Alot the big TV shows use our arm. North American Whitetail Television uses GIANT cameras and when you get the tripod head, camera, batteries, and lens its pushin 40lbs! So honestly, when you have a camera that costs as much as most of our houses, you don't want it sitting on anything else

On that Go Muddy arm, You get the base and arm and then supply your own fluid tripod head? That looks pretty nice.
Yep, any tripod head with a 3/8" attachment will work. It doesnt have to be a fluid head. I have a Manfroto 501, but with a GL2 you should be able to get something much less effective that will be effective.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

No kidding. Dam Mike, atleast Jessie James wore a mask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.