Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork. >

Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay Self Videoagraphers, Do my Legwork.

Rob - for filming myself I prefer to use a smaller arm like the Pine Ridge Pro Bow Cam or the Lone Wolf Strong Arm. There are a few reasons for this. First and foremost when I'm filming myself it means I have to bring all of my standard gear PLUS the camera and arm. The smaller the better for me, and these two arms are great. They're light weight and easy to set up, and although they don't have the bells and whistles that the bigger and more expensive heads have (leveling systems, fluid heads, etc.) they work great for manuevering them around to get in position for the shot.

I have a HunterCam arm that I used all last year that was decent, but I think I'll be changing to the Muddy arm for this fall. I didn't have any issues with the three extensions and actually found it nice when I needed to fold the arm up and get it nice and close into my position. But I had some issues with sag and the leveling system not staying in place the way I wanted it to. It's certainly not a bad product, but with some of the new stuff hitting the market I think there are better products out there.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Justin.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob it just dawned on me. a while back i had seen wherepass thrufrom WKP was making a very nice arm setup and selling them. You might pm him for pics and info.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Rob it just dawned on me. a while back i had seen where stickbow26 from WKP was making a very nice arm setup and selling them. You might pm him for pics and info.
Actually it was Pass Thru......here's a link with the pics. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2837694

I have the second one with two sections.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, nice looking unit, I sent him a PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Dan, im getting old
ORIGINAL: _Dan

Rob it just dawned on me. a while back i had seen where stickbow26 from WKP was making a very nice arm setup and selling them. You might pm him for pics and info.
Actually it was Pass Thru......here's a link with the pics. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2837694

Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks Dan, im getting old
ORIGINAL: _Dan

Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing wrong with the hunter cam cradle HD, I have used mine for an entire season with good succes and a heavier camera than the GL2................If you have the bucks this is about the best arm for the money:
http://skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html#rocksteady_arm

If you are going to be self videoing this blog might be useful for you also:
http://www.pronghornproductions.net/tapingyourownhunts.htm
Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Update, I just got off the phone and ordered an arm from Jason (Pass_Thru) here on HNI to support one of our own. A great guy to talk to and a great product from what I see and hear. I'll do a review when I receive it. I should have it prior to NC but I'm not worried until PA's seasons starts.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do i win a prize for suggesting that one ??
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Update, I just got off the phone and ordered an arm from Jason (Pass_Thru) here on HNI to support one of our own. A great guy to talk to and a great product from what I see and hear. I'll do a review when I receive it. I should have it prior to NC but I'm not worried until PA's seasons starts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.