Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your whitetail IQ? >

What is your whitetail IQ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your whitetail IQ?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default What is your whitetail IQ?

I was waiting for a flight in Atlanta and figured I would go buy the new Field & Stream. As I was reading an article about studies done on whitetail deer, I saw where you could go online and take a 16 question on your whitetail IQ.

Here is the link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/quiz.jsp?quizID=128

I wont lie, I got two questions wrong. It wont hurt you to take this quiz to touch up on your skills.

If you arent afraid...post your results!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your whitetail IQ?

I missed 4, to my defense, if you rattle antlers that doe is gone and your buck will be right behind her. I don't care what my deer weighed before I dressed him. Never have and never will use adeer decoy. As far as rattling goes, it depends on how far awaythebuck is win you start your sequence.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

I missed 4, to my defense, if you rattle antlers that doe is gone and your buck will be right behind her. I don't care what my deer weighed before I dressed him. Never have and never will use adeer decoy. As far as rattling goes, it depends on how far awaythebuck is win you start your sequence.
I kinda concur with that. No decoys, rattling has not helped me before when a buck has a doe in sight. etc.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.. was that ever dumb. As if to think most any of those Q's didn't have several answers or both a true and false correct answer.

I don't know about anyone else.. but if I'm right on top a bedding area.. I'm not about to rattle a sequence that would wake up Zeus... gimme a break! Who writes this garbage..

The first Q is about the dumbest Q I have ever read. It's as almost a 12 year old aching to show the world what he knew wrote the thing.. In my eyes.. mostly none of those answers were correct. But they didn't give a "correct" choice.

For those scoring at home.. I missed 1.. but only because I voted for the ones I figured the author wanted.. not because I have a "whitetail IQ"...

What a joke. Ashames me to read that in Field and Stream.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed 7...alot the answers sounded good to me.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whom ever set up this doesn't hunt where I do. You have it all here in mb. Farmland, big bush and a mix of both. Bigger bucks are always found in farm country.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 PM

well there's 5 mins. of my life I'd love to have back!! . . . -7
Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: joshw020

well there's 5 mins. of my life I'd love to have back!! . . . -7
LOL!

There was maybe 3 or 4 questions that made it look like the author wanted you to think like him, but the rest were no brainers. I was suprised to see that my answers were correct, even though I wasnt 100% confident. Like I said, it was pretty much the authors way.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:56 PM

got em all
Old 07-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Wow.. was that ever dumb. As if to think most any of those Q's didn't have several answers or both a true and false correct answer.

I don't know about anyone else.. but if I'm right on top a bedding area.. I'm not about to rattle a sequence that would wake up Zeus... gimme a break! Who writes this garbage..

The first Q is about the dumbest Q I have ever read. It's as almost a 12 year old aching to show the world what he knew wrote the thing.. In my eyes.. mostly none of those answers were correct. But they didn't give a "correct" choice.

For those scoring at home.. I missed 1.. but only because I voted for the ones I figured the author wanted.. not because I have a "whitetail IQ"...

What a joke. Ashames me to read that in Field and Stream.
All my thoughts exactly. I love F&S and this is by far the biggest piece of garbage I've read from that mag. By the way, I missed 6. I'm not going to rattle when I'm trying to lure a doe into bringing in her buck. I'm going to use my bleat tube.

Quick Reply: What is your whitetail IQ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.