Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you had one choice only.... >

If you had one choice only....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had one choice only....

Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had one choice only....

I'd pick a group of guys I could get together with each year and hunt for a week or so. I have always dreamed of doing the deer camp thing. I really hope I am able to be succesful so some day I can buy land for my family, and that one day I could be the start of that tradition. That is my ultimate hunting dream.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd pick a group of guys I could get together with each year and hunt for a week or so. I have always dreamed of doing the deer camp thing. I really hope I am able to be succesful so some day I can buy land for my family, and that one day I could be the start of that tradition. That is my ultimate hunting dream.
Mine is similiar.. what you stated and...

I would love to share my woods with inner city youth's one day. To develop some sort of program or be apart of some organization in which I could take a few kids on a bow hunting adventure every year. To teach kids who would otherwise never experience the woods with stick and string how to track a deer. This has always been a dream of mine.. and I hope to accomplish it one day.

And to hunt with any member of HNI.. would always be welcome too.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Typical Buck

1ST CHOICE WOULD BE MY DAD,HE DIED 22 YEARS AGO. NEXT WOULD BE TO BOWHUNT WITH MY ADULT SON .......AND A MONTH FROM TODAY WE SHOULD BE DRIVING TO NORTH SLOPE , HAUL ROAD TO CHASE CARIBOU.THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST BOWHUNT IN ABOUT 25 YEARS HE HUNTING WITH ME WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HE WAS AWAY FROM HUNTING FOR ABOUT 20+ YEARS. WILL BE A VERY SPECIAL TIME FOR ME.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred Bear...for sure
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad... always has been, always will be.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man this is a hard one! I didn't hunt much with my father,not that I didn't want to,he was a one week a year guy and my brother and I were not permitted to be at hunting camp the first week of the season.(it wasn't just us for any of you wondering,no children of members were allowed)
My father in his own way gave me a very cherished gift when I was in my mid thirties,I hadn't hunted in 7 or 8 years,I used to hunt with my brother and our routine got disrupted when one of our hunting party got killed in a car accident,my brother began to hunt with a friend at their camp and I wasn't part of the equation.I focused on building my business and lost touch.
My father called me a couple of days before the rifle season was to begin probably 15 or 16 years ago now and said hey come hunting with me on opening day.I initially declined citing I was to busy with work and blah,blah,blah.Then I thought about it my father was in his late 60's and we really had never hunted that much together,I missed hunting very badly and just thought I would be foolish not to accept his invitation.So we went,and on a beautiful clear and cold morning I had a buck down by 8:00,my dad was so excited and with all that was going on that morning I had a tremendous realization.I missed hunting very badly.From that day forward aside from family and business it is my number one interest.
As it relates to the question,I would like to have my father with me as I am slipping through the woods like a ghost,taking in all there is to take in,the sounds,sights and smells.I would like to have him see the hunter I think I have become.Hoping tomake him proud one more time.My dad passed away in February of 2007.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thank GOD my Dads stll alive so I hunt with him as much as he will go--78yrs old he has kinda slowed down some.
I would love to hunt with my Son "Justin" --He never got into hunting.
But next tothem would probaly be Ronnie "CUZ" Strickland(Mossy oak now used to be with Primos) might be the biggest jerk in real life but cain't hardly believe it by the way he comes across on TV.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Man this is a hard one! I didn't hunt much with my father,not that I didn't want to,he was a one week a year guy and my brother and I were not permitted to be at hunting camp the first week of the season.(it wasn't just us for any of you wondering,no children of members were allowed)
My father in his own way gave me a very cherished gift when I was in my mid thirties,I hadn't hunted in 7 or 8 years,I used to hunt with my brother and our routine got disrupted when one of our hunting party got killed in a car accident,my brother began to hunt with a friend at their camp and I wasn't part of the equation.I focused on building my business and lost touch.
My father called me a couple of days before the rifle season was to begin probably 15 or 16 years ago now and said hey come hunting with me on opening day.I initially declined citing I was to busy with work and blah,blah,blah.Then I thought about it my father was in his late 60's and we really had never hunted that much together,I missed hunting very badly and just thought I would be foolish not to accept his invitation.So we went,and on a beautiful clear and cold morning I had a buck down by 8:00,my dad was so excited and with all that was going on that morning I had a tremendous realization.I missed hunting very badly.From that day forward aside from family and business it is my number one interest.
As it relates to the question,I would like to have my father with me as I am slipping through the woods like a ghost,taking in all there is to take in,the sounds,sights and smells.I would like to have him see the hunter I think I have become.Hoping tomake him proud one more time.My dad passed away in February of 2007.
Thank you for that post, Bro ,,,, it brought tears to my eyes ...God bless you ...
Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Thank GOD my Dads stll alive so I hunt with him as much as he will go--78yrs old he has kinda slowed down some.
I would love to hunt with my Son "Justin" --He never got into hunting.
But next tothem would probaly be Ronnie "CUZ" Strickland(Mossy oak now used to be with Primos) might be the biggest jerk in real life but cain't hardly believe it by the way he comes across on TV.
I met Cuz a couple years back. The guy didn't strike me as a jerk at all . He's an absolute riot!I'd love to have him at a deer a camp, any time.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

First and foremost My late Grandfather.If i live to be half the man he was I will be doin something. A man that after he has retired decides to take in his grandson and raise him. teach him the old ways. I cantbelieve he would raiseanother childafter they raised four of their own. Especially as much trouble as I was. Its the time we shared together in the woods and pieces of advice he gave me, not just about hunting but life in gerneral, that I still carry with me today. I will never forget how proud he was the day I killed my 125' 11 pointer. and now everytime I get in the stand I ask his opinion and have a nice talk with him.
Here's to you "Pops"

From HNI I would have to go with......The one The only Hunsucker.

celebrity wise would have to be Ty Bartoskewitz. from drury outdoors. the man is a wildlife biologists genius. or even Jard Lurk from drury.

Quick Reply: If you had one choice only....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.