Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective? >

Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Nobody said you asked a bad question, T.......

Nothing wrong with baiting, either. Ask a question about that and see if ALL hunters share in their views......or if you have some people passionate about NOT utilizing the practice.

Like I said......this post is kinda like asking people if they love their Ford trucks as well as their Chevy trucks....and expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya and square dance around the two. Ain't happening.
Giant Nontypical

John, I asked if anyone could relate ....
Some people gave there perspectives Tony and you kept saying there missing out. Its just not in some peoples cards. I could reverse the question and say the same thing and get called an elitist by a few on the bow forum. I wouldn't do that though being everyone's tradition is different.
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Tradition

I LOVE that pic ...... worth 1,000 words!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Maybe it's just me

I think Preacher is talking about the differnce between the family tradition of gun hunting, and the solitare tradition of a bowhunter. I know before this board I shared my bowhunting with almostnobody
Again who knows, I know I love all you guys, execpt Jeff[8D]

My gun hunting, well I sit with gramps with no weapon at all.
See gramps in his old age does not shoot so well, I don't want anything slowing me down as I run down what he just shot
Its a real shame you didn't get his hair.[:-]
Your damn right, all his sons are bald
Old 07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

One interesting contrast is that on this site you rarely see gun hunters taking shots at bow hunting in general. Most like me are aware of some of the drawbacks (maimed deer) associated with bow hunting, but don't dwell on it because I dont really know that more bow hunters cripple deer than gun hunters. So, i keep my mouth shut. It might be nice to see some folks among the bow hunters extend the same courtesy.
Like I said.....remember where you are.

Go find me a post in the Deer Hunting forum (which EVERYONE knows is where the gun hunters hang out) where gun hunting is talked down upon by a "bowhunter". I'll check back in, Monday on that one.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Maybe it's just me

I think Preacher is talking about the differnce between the family tradition of gun hunting, and the solitare tradition of a bowhunter. I know before this board I shared my bowhunting with almostnobody

See gramps in his old age does not shoot so well, I don't want anything slowing me down as I run down what he just shot
Its a real shame you didn't get his hair.[:-]
Your damn right, all his sons are bald
Sounds like a Tradition? Hows your sons looking?[:-]
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

BTW preach

Rob's post shows what some gun hunters want that the bowhunters seem to have. The feeling of just you, woods and the animal.

Rob was not being an Elitest at all, I feel he was just showing the other side of the coin, what some gun only hunters are missing.

Sounds like a Tradition? Hows your sons looking?[:-]
screwed

Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I doubt that i would find that GMMAT, and i also doubt that i would hear much trashtalking about bow hunters, even though the gun hunters dominate. Kind of makes my point.
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: pigiron

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

folks here are more "hardcore" bow hunters than most but the lack of hunting diversity among bow hunters (as a whole) is quite confusing to me and begs the question Why?

I've been wonderingthis myself.

I didn't realize there were so many bowhunters that didn't participate in other methods of hunting until I started reading the forums here a couple of years ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but just didn't realize it.
I've found out a long time ago that some folks are more comfortable with a narrow centralized form of hunting and that's fine. It's quite normal for folks to try and rise to the top of an activity be it hunting, sports or what not and it's easier to attain that by concentrating solely on one aspect. What is disturbing to me though is the attitude that is projected from certain groups of hunters to others simply due to their choice of weapon or style of hunting. It's reminiscent of the Dr. Seuss story about the "Star Bellied Sneetches" In my opinion Bow hunters as a whole are far less likely to allow others to their "frankfurter roasts orpicnics or parties or marshmallow toasts."

Again this is just my take on it but judging by what I've seen in my area and what I've read right here on this site over the years...I don't think I'm too far off.
Giant Nontypical

Maybe it's just me

You got it, Gary

Quick Reply: Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.