Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Very sad.....Update, full story Page 1 >

Very sad.....Update, full story Page 1

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very sad.....Update, full story Page 1

Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Very sad.....Update, full story Page 1

With it being that time of year again, this sort of story was bound to happen.......Just so happens that it happened to a guy from my hometown.

Anyone who knows mewell enough knowsthat I already lost a buddy a couple years ago in a hunting accident so trust me when I say that I was taking inventory for the last couple hours trying to make sure it didn't happen again.
I can't say I feel any real relief knowing he wasn't a personal friend.........he was still a neighbor and person who obviously shared the same passion as all of us.[&o]

My prayers are with his family and friends. I have been on the other end of this.

Don't know how many times I can say it folks........it only takes ONE time and we could be reading about you, and it could be YOUR family and friends picking up the pieces. Wear that harness every time you go up or down a tree for ANYTHING.

Dover Twp. man who died after fall was a 'good dad'
Dover Twp. man died after falling from a tree stand in Shrewsbury Twp.
By MIKE HOOVER

Daily Record/Sunday News
Article Last Updated: 07/18/2008 09:25:14 AM EDT

Clay Cameron couldn't wait for his dad to get home to show him his new uniform with the Tri-Town football team in Dover.

His dad, Barry, was expected at home about dusk Tuesday after making repairs to his deer tree stand in Shrewsbury Township.

When Barry didn't arrive, his wife, Lisa, began to worry and called Barry's brother, Ron.

Ron Cameron told Lisa he didn't know where the tree stand was, so he picked up Barry's boys, Clay, 8, and Weldon, 11, to point it out.

Ron Cameron said he had a funny feeling when he headed into the woods, so he told the boys to wait inside a van.

He found Barry about 40 feet away on the ground, cold and stiff, and knew he was dead.

"I told the boys that Daddy was hurt real bad and I couldn't help him and we had to get him some help," Ron Cameron said.

A little later, the family told the boys Dad was gone.

"We sat down and explained to them Dad was hurt really bad and there was nothing no one could do," Ron Cameron said.

Barry Cameron, 37, of Dover Township died of a broken neck after he fell 25 to 30 feet, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

Barry Cameron came from a large, close-knit family, the youngest of three brothers.

The boys took the news hard but were being strong -- something their father taught them through the years.

Lisa, Ron and the boys talked about how Barry loved his family. Barry Cameron was among the loudest fans cheering on his boys at football games and wrestling matches.

"They meant the world to him. He was very proud of his boys. He grew up believing the father's place was with his boys and his family," Ron Cameron said.

Lisa and Barry recently celebrated their 12th anniversary. The two met at Giant Food Stores, where Barry worked for nearly 18 years, including as the assistant bakery manager for the past five years.

To celebrate the anniversary, the family enjoyed a camping trip to Little Buffalo State Park. Lisa and Barry later had a private romantic dinner and then went to Dairy Queen, where Barry had his favorite, a banana split.

"I am trying to hold up for the kids' sake. I keep looking at pictures of him and asking, 'Why him?'" Lisa said.

"He always told me, 'I love you and the boys.' They are going to be my little men of the household now."

Lisa and Ron said the boys understand their dad would want them to be happy.

"He would tell them, 'Miss me, but let me go. And always know I am there.' He was a good dad. They miss him. But they don't think death is a curse like everyone thinks because of their dad," Ron Cameron said.

The boys will cherish the memories playing sports, hunting, fishing, camping and just laughing with Dad.

Lisa Cameron said she will miss her husband, who was always happy and joking and had a way of making friends.

"I'll never forget that morning. He had a cup of coffee, like he always does. He came over, gave me a kiss and said he was going to work on the tree stand. That's the last I seen of him," Lisa Cameron said.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Very sad.....This one hits a little TOO close.

{silent post}
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please, Please, Please, wear your harness from the ground up. Never be disconnected from the tree unless you are on the ground. You may think you are invincible, but your are very breakable.

You guys who have never used a harness,... This would be a good time to start.

My sympathy goes out to this man's family. {silence}
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

{silent post}
Amen Swift.

Matt texted me concerned, our own twildasin lives there too and the concern was there. I knew Tim was younger but made the call anyway.

With all the technology for safety, it's truly sad and unfortunate when it happens. It doesn't have too. It can happen to us (me/you).
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sad indeed. I always wear my harness. Especially this year I'm going about 20-25 feet instead of 10-15. I don't want to die or worst, be a vegetable![&o]
Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very true about the harness's, I just posted about giving some away as soon as I get home from work.
Guys be careful out there.....Prayers sent
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow what a horrible accident, i was jus workin on stands an hour ago
Old 07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

My prayers go out to his family and all of you. I always use a harness but not going up or coming down. I always think about getting a hook up for the climb up and down...no more thinking for me on this one. I just finished reading a post about giving some harness's away. I believe I have 3 extra that I don't use. I would like to hold onto one extra if I ever have someone with me or get somebody else hunting but as soon as I find out how many I have I would love to give them away. I'll post as soon as I find them.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats not good. Listen and learn from this I guess, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to harnesses. Prayers sent.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just another reminder.

Prayers are sent for him and his family.

I'm guilty of not always wearing my harness, that needs to change, for everyone.

Quick Reply: Very sad.....Update, full story Page 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.