Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 does being in the contest change anything for you? >

does being in the contest change anything for you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

does being in the contest change anything for you?

Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does being in the contest change anything for you?

Shultzy, my quiet self changes when the teams roll out Im telling you will see a big change in thr forume when it gets closer to the season. A lot of termites will come out of the woodwork to. By the way, my team is beating the pants off your team << smack talk teaser And ps: rybohunter is full of it. I know the guy and know he is really a ***** cat!! and a good frog catcher as well Maby we will draw the same team big guy
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Nope no change for me. Ill shoot what makes me happy and if eat a tag then so be it. I do enjoy the talk with the team members and all the smack talk that goes around
I'm guessing there's allot of that?? I couldn't tell ya being its my 1st year on HNI. No way you would ever smack talk Dan, I just can't see you doing it!! Yea right, I'm kidding!! I know better then that!![8D]
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on Rybo's team twice. He's not joking. Only one of us actually killed a deer during the 2 year Team XX reign. That, of course, was the undisputed king of archery himself. Rybo cut, copied, and nearly pasted our way to HNI's first repeat championship.[8D]
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shultzy, my quiet self changes when the teams roll out Im telling you will see a big change in thr forume when it gets closer to the season. A lot of termites will come out of the woodwork to. By the way, my team is beating the pants off your team << smack talk teaser And ps: rybohunter is full of it. I know the guy and know he is really a ***** cat!! and a good frog catcher as well Maby we will draw the same team big guy
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Nope no change for me. Ill shoot what makes me happy and if eat a tag then so be it. I do enjoy the talk with the team members and all the smack talk that goes around
I'm guessing there's allot of that?? I couldn't tell ya being its my 1st year on HNI. No way you would ever smack talk Dan, I just can't see you doing it!! Yea right, I'm kidding!! I know better then that!![8D]
Thats what its all about big fellar!! I'm looking forward to some good laughs and times. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have you on my team as well Crick.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been on Rybo's team twice. He's not joking. Only one of us actually killed a deer during the 2 year Team XX reign. That, of course, was the undisputed king of archery himself. Rybo cut, copied, and nearly pasted our way to HNI's first repeat championship.[8D]
BBM ixnay on the utcay & astepay! I'd have had it too if not for windows XP!

Bloodcrick,
I'd be honored to draw the same team as you, but if not....look out. May your hunting lands be plagued by frogs. I've been stock piling them [8D]
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sure does change something.

My post count climbs rapidly!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

The contest changes everything! Whichever team I am on, it will be a total concentrated effort focused on nothing but winning. I will talk my teammates into shooting whatever I deem it necessary for us to win. WIN WIN WIN is what it’s all about. There is no sweeter glory than that box of goodies that comes in the mail in early march for the contest champions! I will not tolerate newbies or those not 110% dedicated to winning. And that means putting inches on the ground. Nothing too small, but don’t hold out too long either.
And if all else fails, and my teammates don’t score, well I’ve planned for that too. I’ve become a master photoshop guru. I can create realistic images that not even the NSA could refute as authentic.
Mark my words, it is ALL about winning and WE WILL WIN!

Folks, if this is serious and everyone thinks the same way, I am in the wrong place and I will respectfully ask that my name be withdrawn from the contest. I am an experienced hunter, but am still a rookie bowhunter and I do not wish to be a burden to anyone's team.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't change a thing with me...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing it might change for me is that I might stick it out and hunt on one of those days where I'm leaving work late, tired as a dog, and only will get about 45 minutes of quality stand time if I go.

Knowing I can share some stories and maybe contribute to the teamgives me that little extra incentive to get over the hump on days like that.

Other than that, nothing else changes.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

If you can drag your buck out of the woods with NO REGRETS.....I'll congratulate you and share in your experience with nothing but praise.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: swampghost

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

The contest changes everything! Whichever team I am on, it will be a total concentrated effort focused on nothing but winning. I will talk my teammates into shooting whatever I deem it necessary for us to win. WIN WIN WIN is what it’s all about. There is no sweeter glory than that box of goodies that comes in the mail in early march for the contest champions! I will not tolerate newbies or those not 110% dedicated to winning. And that means putting inches on the ground. Nothing too small, but don’t hold out too long either.
And if all else fails, and my teammates don’t score, well I’ve planned for that too. I’ve become a master photoshop guru. I can create realistic images that not even the NSA could refute as authentic.
Mark my words, it is ALL about winning and WE WILL WIN!

Folks, if this is serious and everyone thinks the same way, I am in the wrong place and I will respectfully ask that my name be withdrawn from the contest. I am an experienced hunter, but am still a rookie bowhunter and I do not wish to be a burden to anyone's team.

swampghost,
This was only a joke. Notice the row of smileys at the bottom of rybo's post. This is what indicates it as being a joke.

Everyone is welcome to join a team which is all for fun. The contest should have no bearing on how you hunt. Do what makes you happy, you'l be congradulated for your efforts reguardless of the outcome of your season.

Quick Reply: does being in the contest change anything for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.