Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOMEN IN BOW HUNTING (PREGNANCY) >

WOMEN IN BOW HUNTING (PREGNANCY)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOMEN IN BOW HUNTING (PREGNANCY)

Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Spike

Default RE: WOMEN IN BOW HUNTING (PREGNANCY)

true- i guees it would be her call come game time

With our first she had no uncomfort until the week before delivery-
from what i hear all are different so i guess it would be her call

i guessi/we aremore concerned if pulling the weight of the bow is too much on the wee one. as typically they have lifting restrictions, etc. (which you are probably well aware of at this point) best of luck!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ANY WOMEN INTO BOW HUNTING THAT HUNTED WHILE BEING PREGNANT?
I'm not pregnant nor a woman.. but when my wife (who is a woman) becomes pregnant I plan on hunting still.

Does that help?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Use a pop up groundblind brushed in. That'll allow her to shift position as necessary. And, if she doesn't wanna go-that's fine. I wouldn't want to waddle around woods with a big belly andan aching back, either.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you want junior getting smacked with your wifes bow string.Doesn't seem like a wise idea,especially relative to her due date.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://cdeaver.wordpress.com/2007/09/18/the-bowhunting-season/
Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I don't think you want junior getting smacked with your wifes bow string.Doesn't seem like a wise idea,especially relative to her due date.
There's dudes out there shooting that make a 9mos pregnant woman look skinny. Somehow, they manage to miss their beer gut. A bow string is not gonna do jack to the unborn child. Smart like hell to the lady, yes. There's been instances of women being killed in automobile accidents and the child retrieved practically unharmed.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: tsoc

There's dudes out there shooting that make a 9mos pregnant woman look skinny. Somehow, they manage to miss their beer gut. A bow string is not gonna do jack to the unborn child. Smart like hell to the lady, yes. There's been instances of women being killed in automobile accidents and the child retrieved practically unharmed.
There's a "cure" for that problem........lol

Old 07-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Spike

i wish i knew about those ahead of time!!!! that is too funny!

doegirl75- that was funny and very true! My wife had brought that up last night on how bigger people can shoot bows and have no problem-

in that regard i guess after her doc gets back in touch on this topic she'll do it till uncomfortable.

thanks for your input and comments
worse case she can come the blind and enjoy being out if nothing else!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your wife Bow hunts, she wants to bow hunt while pregnant, wow sounds like you have a great gal and not to mention I think you have the next Fred Bear in the over brewing right now. Imagine the bragging rights he or she will have in grade school, " I started Bow hunting Before I was Borne!"
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Spike

YEAH - AND SHE IS A MARKSWOMAN-
SHE SHOT IN A WINTER BOW LEAGUE WITH ME LAST WINTER AFTER GETTING HER FIRST BOW AND AFTER ONLY SHOOTING FOR A SHORT TIME - SHOT VERY VERY WELL-

SOME PEOPLE IT JUST COMES NATURALLY TOO!

MAY NOT BE FRED BEAR- BUT A LITTLE GIRL TO FOLLOW IN HER MOTHERS FOOTSTEPS IS JUST AS WELL!!!

WE DID HAVE AN EXCITING MOMENT LAST NIGHT WITH OUR 16MONTH OLD LITTLE MAN EAT HIS FIRST BITE OF VENISON.......WE CREATED A MONSTER! HE WOULDN'T STOP EATING IT-

Quick Reply: WOMEN IN BOW HUNTING (PREGNANCY)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.