Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Military Veterans...Report >

Military Veterans...Report

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Military Veterans...Report

Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Military Veterans...Report

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

For all to read, especially veterans I recommend:
Last Man Out: Glenn McDole, USMC, Survivor of the Palawan Massacre

Find it in your local library or buy it at a book store. As I already posted in another thread, Glenn recently lost his wife but he marches on. If you cannot find it locally, let me know and for the price of the book and shipping, I will get one from Glenn and ship it to you.

God Bless America, her people, and her ideals.
I ordered the book yesterday from Amazon. Pricey little bugger but I'm always in the market for a good read. Amazon only had 3 left they said. I got an email that it was shipped already.
Glenn would have autographed a copy for you if you'd have contacted me. You'll enjoy the book. I read it in one evening.
I'm not a collector. When I finish a book I give it to someone or wait until I have a bunch and take them to Goodwill or something. I have no idea how many hardback books by WEB Griffiin, Tom Clancy and a host of others I took to Goodwill when I moved. On top of that maybe a few hundred paperbacks. Only books I keep are cook books. LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have many, way too many military history books that I have hung on to. I also have about 50 cookbooks. My wife hates it, but they stay in my "office" so its no bother to her. Other than those, I don't collect either. However, when Glenn gave me my book, I purchased another to read. I didn't want to take a chance of messing the personalized one up.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks formula! and I will pray for your son, as I do for all our brothers in arms
Old 07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

USA, USAR, and ARNG, enlisted and officer (CPT)from 1977-1991.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 AM

I thank each and every one of you!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 AM

see my sig.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Spike

US Army 1986 to present. Still got a few good years left to give.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcorso

Thanks formula! and I will pray for your son, as I do for all our brothers in arms
Appreciate that! He is now home with us until the 27th. Now if I can just get 'Mom' thru that deployment!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: formula1

ORIGINAL: mcorso

Appreciate that! He is now home with us until the 27th. Now if I can just get 'Mom' thru that deployment!!!
Formula, just tell your wife NOT to do what my mom did to me. When she hadn't heard from me for a month, she called a Senator, who called the Pentagon, who called my Group Commander, who called my battalion commander, who reamed me out!!! My response to my mother was:

"Dear Mom, Every part of my work is classified so once again, I can't tell about that. What I can tell you is for every day since my last letter, I went to work, I showered, I pooped, I ate, and I slept. If any changes to my routine do happen, you will be the first to know. Until then, be happy in knowing I am working, pooping, showering, eating, and sleeping. Thanks to your call you'll be happy that I made Spec 4 AGAIN!!! I was tired of being a Sergeant anyway."

Old 07-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

USN 1991 - 1997

Quick Reply: Military Veterans...Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.