Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose? >

If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Seriously, I see that Kansas City is on there and that is Hunsucker country. Maybe you could hook up with the HB boys or an outfitter they know.
Gotta agree with that one. I know a couple of outfitter with a couple of hours of kc not for sure on price but it should be pretty close to your range if i remember right. I was supposed to guide there this year for turkey season but things didn't work out cause i had to leave out of town for work.

if its free roundtrip i'd squeeze every penny i could and get a far away as possible.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Head to south Texas!!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho hands down for whatever!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-14-2008, 12:21 PM

For me it would come down to what I havent had the chance to hunt. So I would choose some pronghorn or maybe Moose. Hard to do a moose hunt for under$1500. So it would be Pronghorn. Thats a dream of mine is to go hunt a big antelope with my bow.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 PM

If it were me in your situation, I'd either go after pronghorn or a merriams turkey. Aren't you an avid turkey hunter?

Fly into Omaha, NE and hit up some landowners for permission the first day...from my research getting turkey permission out there is more likely to produce a yes than asking to use the phone....real easy to obtain permission. Spend 3-5 days hunting private/public chasing the whitetipped merriams.
Only expense really would be tag, hotel room, and rental car. Food in a way is a non factor, because you gotta eat, whether that beat home or out west.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

id go with pronghorn or elk, in one of the states out west obviously. id hunt something you have never hunted before though.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know what outfitters everyone have been talking to, but Ek hunting seems like it is WAY out of the question for $1,500. Maybe I am wrong and if so then someone please give me the number to an outfitter that will do an Elk hunt for under $1,500. But I would definitely try to hunt something that I haevnt hunted before so thats all up to you.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the suggestions guy. Keep adding, I'm listening to them all. Also, I realize that I'm not going to get very many options for an outfitted hunt for $1500. I'm fine with DIY with over the counter tags, that's more my flavor anyhow.

One thing toadd, I wouldn't want to do a turkey hunt. I have no interest in traveling to turkey hunt.I do love to hunt birds, and this may come off as sounding arrogant (not meant that way), but I won't travel for them when the hunting is that good at my own camp. I honestly cannot believe the turkey hunting is any better elsewhere in the country.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

You might start on a grandslam for turkeys.... Thats another thing that I have always wanted to do.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a sweet problem to have Matt. I think that if it were me, even though I would love to whitetail hunt the midwest someday, I would have to head for Denver for elk. A buddy of mine went to some public land out there and had some success finding.....ya finding and shooting at....not hitting or killing elk. I think that it was like 2 and half hours south of denver...I know I can get the info if you want me to check further on it. Let me know. I just think that out there its easier and cheaper to DIY. You may be able to get a buddy involved if you have 1500 to spend. I know my friend went with a buddy and camped out for a few days at a time...getting deep in to the public land out there and loving it.

Quick Reply: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.