Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you trespass to get to your stand? >

Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you trespass to get to your stand?

have you asked them if you could walk through there?
if they say no, then i wouldnt trespass on it. just think if it was your land, and some guy was walking in on it. id be pretty pissed.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Bartender

Nope
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: madvilledoc

Which way would you normally be coming in?
If you see the pond, there is a dry creekbed that goes about 3/4 of the way up the ridge where my stand is. From that cul-de-sac is really the only way in. There is a church on the corner of taylors creek rd and the road that is out of picture on lower right that I could go in from behind, but its still a hike from where I park my truck. My gate to my land is on highlands rd so I would need to make a slow stalk up the creek bed, as its up hill to the stand and very well traveled in the morning. There are zero "no posted" signs anywhere along the field entrance, and its not about walking through their hunting area because noone hunts over there.

I know its wrong to walk across the field (about 175 yrds), and they would never see me because it would be before dark, but still I have a conscience and as some of you pointed out...I wouldnt want the on my land (even though mine is posted)

Brett, you are probably right about what they have growing back there, but I wont take much, maybe a bud or two so they wont notice!!! LMAO

I may ask them, but even giving them a heads up on my stand location is something Im worried about.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just ask...or offer to help out with yard waste removal or something else along those lines in exchange for access....Type out your name, address, vehiclemake and year, sign it, and show them thatyou are different from the rest...reassure them that no harm will be done to there animalsby putting a padlock on your bow strings while walking on their land.
Good Luck.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Might as well as the neighbor if its ok. Because I sure in heck wouldnt even attempt it.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your own land is posted yet you are hunting anothers????????????[:@]
Old 07-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

This isn't even a popcorn question. I never understood the difficulty or the indecision/"gotta think about this one" attitude towards these trespassing questions.

You either have permission to be on the man's property......OR.....you've decided, for yourself, that a DEER is more important than the rights of a landholder to decide who and when someone may or may not use his property.

It's just a deer. Is it worth breaking the law for?

YOUR call.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOPE I would ask it couldn't hurt!! But if you just try and sneak and get caught then you would just be part of the problem and not the solution to alot of hunters problems!! Walt
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 AM

No
See how easy that was
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Your own land is posted yet you are hunting anothers????????????[:@]
Im sorry if I miscommunicated my reasoning behind this. First off I wouldnt be hunting anyone elses land, never have...never will without permission. This piece of land Im speaking of is a strip of field (in picture) that has a right of way (power line) that runs beside the road (taylors creek rd). My land is adjoining this persons property that has the easement running through it. In yardage terms it would realisticly be about 35-50 yards of their property to pass through to get to the backside of my property where a very strategic stand is already setup.

Im 100% with you guys about not breaking a law to get to my setup, but I went to the owners house to ask permission and talked to a handyman on the alpaca farm who kinds gave me the heads up on the owner. A real PETA type lady from California that is anti-hunting. If you look at the aerial photo you will see that a church is located not far from this easement, and they have given me permission to "travel" through their property to get to my land...but "no hunting". Its hard to see in the photo, but there are gravesites all in the field adjoining the piece of woods that juts out towards the road. I could go through these woods and climb in my stand with no problem, other than jumping the deer from the bedding area that is in them. If I went around them, down the telephone lines, all I would need to do is cross over the small corner of the field to come up the backside of my stand.

I posted this thread to see others opinions, and I believe I have gotten the general idea of others. It would not be a problem to come in through the creekbed on my property, but in the mornings this area is highly traveled by deer coming and going from this sanctuary.

Nothing makes it right to trespass, but if i could get enough of a running start, I could almost get enough speed to jump the distance I need to walk...JK. I believe this post should have been kept for me to highly consider the consequences, so please do not put me in the category of someone that is upside down enough to hunt someone elses property.

I asked for the opinions, and I surely got them. So Im most likely going to consider coming in through the cemetary and cutting the deep woods travel to a minimum.

Thanks for the comments

Quick Reply: Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.