Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting a rich man's sport? >

Bowhunting a rich man's sport?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting a rich man's sport?

Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting a rich man's sport?

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I know some of this stuff can be done without, but this isn't a cheap sport. I believe cost is a big factor that keeps many would be hunters sitting on the sidelines. Of course, I could be way off base.
I do believe you're a little off base. I believe it is LAND ACCESS or lack of that is the biggest factor preventing many folks from enjoyingthis sport and not the actual cost of hunting gear. You can hunt deer with a single stick & string but you MUST have a place to hunt them first.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunting a rich man's sport?

It can be an expensive sport if you want it to, but all of the people that buy the newest and best equipment every other year have to get ride of there "old stuff", that is where I come in. The only new item I have is a climber tree stand, and that was a going out of style bargain cavesale at cabela's, and there is a lot of public state game land to hunt here in PA, so I have been able to keep the cost of bowhunting inexpensive.