Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good News, Bad News >

Good News, Bad News

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good News, Bad News

Old 07-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good News, Bad News

Good news: my whitetail buck shoulder mount from last year is complete and I will be picking it up this afternoon!

Bad news: my caribou antlers that I dropped off in velvet August 29th to be preserved were promised back to me in February apparently have gone missing. They were supposed to call me yesterday with an update, but guess what...[:@]

These are from 2 different taxidermists. Both are large operations and well respected businesses. However, what the heck do I do now?

Schultzy, any recommendationsI only put that in there b/c you have it back now,but trust me I really don't find this funny.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 AM

Default RE: Good News, Bad News

WOW! Man that sucks! I feel for you, I hope they come up with them. I'd say make them pay for you to go on huntstill you get a bigger one. [:@]Good Luck with this. Again, sorrry to hear that.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check on ebay or any other auction sites.[:@]
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the one thing that always freaked me out about leaving my antlers at the taxidermist - having them turn up missing somehow. My taxi actually doesn't like to keep racks at his shop for that reason. He'll usually call you when they're boiled out so you can pick them up, then he calls you later when he needs them for the mount. Sure it's a little extra driving, but it's worth the peace of mind.

Good luck on getting them back, that would royally suck if they were gone. [:@]
Old 07-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Justin

That's the one thing that always freaked me out about leaving my antlers at the taxidermist - having them turn up missing somehow. My taxi actually doesn't like to keep racks at his shop for that reason. He'll usually call you when they're boiled out so you can pick them up, then he calls you later when he needs them for the mount. Sure it's a little extra driving, but it's worth the peace of mind.

Good luck on getting them back, that would royally suck if they were gone. [:@]
Since they were in velvet I had to leave them. Otherwise, I keep them as well and do jsut as you do. One time the taxi forgot that I had them and called me in a panic b/c he couldn't find my rackThat is the guy doing my deer, but he won't mess with velvet so I went to this other place that a guy who has had about 15-20 mounts done from them. Like I said this is a "real deal" taxi shop. I am not a bargain shopper when it comes to my memory preservation I am in more disbelief than anything.

And thanks, I sure hope they turn up too! Not only was it a nice caribou, but my only commemoration of the trip[:@]
Old 07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dude that is terrible!!! How the heck do you lose a set of caribou antlers???????????????? [:@]
Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I've lost my car keys. I've misplaced my wallet. But how in the hell do you lose a caribou rack? Sounds fishy to me. Anyway, Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns up for you. Let us know what you find out.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Damn Jim not good at all!! It sounds like my stuff I had to deal with wasn't so bad after all. Like a few have said how the hell does someone loose a caribu rack??!! In all honesty it sounds a bit far fetched but then again why would the taxi lie about such a thing.

What exactly did he tell you the other day? Does he still have the hide yet?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That totally sucks. Truely hope they are found. It's probably just like my glasses when I loose them. They are probably right in front of him and he doesn't even notice
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Damn Jim not good at all!! It sounds like my stuff I had to deal with wasn't so bad after all. Like a few have said how the hell does someone loose a caribu rack??!! In all honesty it sounds a bit far fetched but then again why would the taxi lie about such a thing.

What exactly did he tell you the other day? Does he still have the hide yet?
I was just having the rack preserved, so no he doesn't have the hide. I already have one caribou mount and when you don't have a big house, they take up a lot of room

I kind of feel sorry for the guy because I know his wife has been battling cancer, so I am sure his mind hasn't been 100% on the job, but still... As far as I know they do everything at their shop, so I would think it would be easy to locate a set of decent sized caribou antlers but apparently I am wrong. I don't think they would purposefully screw me, but maybe they gave them to the wrong person or something??? I have no idea.

If they don't turn up, which I am still hopeful they do, what do I do then?

And yes Schultzy, your experience was terrible. Heck this hasn't even been half a decade yet!!!

Thanks guys for support. I truly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Good News, Bad News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.